Chicharrones de BLT

Blank

Long Time Member
The wife found an excuse to go enjoy herself with the daughter, granddaughter, and newest great grandson by themselves. I however, worked all day on the yard, sprinklers, garage, and vehicleMaintenance. Got to be five o'clock and I was starving. Didn't want fancy, so chopped up a hunk of pork belly into stamp sized pieces, and set to frying. Got everything else done while they were cooking and draining.

Tortillas, sharp cheddar, crunchy chicharrones, lettuce, tomato, onions, and jalepenos. OMG!! Drowned in Chalula and they were amazing.

IMG_7014.jpeg

IMG_7016.jpeg

IMG_7018.jpeg

I love pork belly for everything, and do it as these flakey ones (1/8" thick and 1/2" square), sometimes burnt ends (pig candy in 1/2" cubes roasted for 2 hours at 225 degrees), or larger traditional ones like you find in Mexico (boiled, then fried in lard) for dipping in guacamole and salsas.

The word just means crackling, and originated in Spain. Came over to central and South America, then up to Mexico. The key is that it's pork belly. If you use just the skin, it's pork rinds.

The word just means crackling, and originated in Spain. Came over to central and South America, then up to Mexico. The key is that it's pork belly. If you use just the skin, it's pork rinds.
lol....explain that to the mexican chicharones label pork rind companies.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom