Chevy 6 liter gas mileage?

mtmuley

Long Time Member
I'm looking at a Chevy 3/4 ton with the 6 liter V-8. What kind of mileage do you guys that have them get, city/highway? I'm gonna tow a small camp trailer from time to time. Thanks, mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-10 AT 07:21PM (MST)[p]10 around town 15 on the road. towing will drop it a bunch.

Muley...My Father inlaw had an 07 with a 3.73 rear end and its best was about 14 on the hwy....usually 12. He sold it and bought a dodge with a cummins.....gets 17 hwy with the same gears.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I don't really tow enough heavy stuff to warrant the diesel. Heck, I could probably get by with the 5.3 in a half ton, but this is a really clean used rig with low miles for the year, and a heck of a buy. I suppose the 6 liter has pretty good power? mtmuley

i have a 04 gmc with the 6.0 liter it has a 6" lift and 35" tires with 4:11 gears i took it to utah from cali and got 14 miles per gal.there and back. when i got home i installed an aftermarket exhaust,air filter,throttle body spacer.mass air flow sensor,and a hypertech programmer.the next year i went to wyoming and got 12 miles per gal. round trip! from everything i read all of those mods were supposed to improve fuel milage but it didnt it hurt it right now i get about 13 on the hiway and about 10 in town.

I drive a 6.0 for my work truck, Hate it. I'm loaded down pretty heavy all of the time. 9 mpg, cant get out of my own way. I'm a chevy guy but they need to get rid of that pos and go back to the 350 or 454.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Unless you need a 3/4 ton I would get the 1/2 ton with the 6.2 liter. You'll get another 2 to 4 miles to the gallon, and the ride is alot better. When you tow something heavy usually an equalizer hitch handles the extra weight well enough.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom