Check's in the mail.....

Hardway

Very Active Member
I cant wait, I was thinking maybe I'll just put it in the bank. But then I thought hey, this is a nice little reward for being frugal with my own money. So I'm gonna go stimulate the economy with a new rifle :)

Good idea Hardway! I haven't decided what to do yet, but whatever I do with my money will be a whole lot better than anything our government would do with it!

I love election years. They always try to suck up to us!

Eel

I hear you Hardway! I'm thinking of using that money to help finance a hunt for an American made mule deer.:)

Eel

Dont hold your breath. Believe it only when the check is in your hand.

Timberline

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-08 AT 05:23PM (MST)[p]it hasn't even passed yet...don't hold your breath on this one...the dem's want it to spend on something like....more public transportation, or higher taxes on...anything that makes us pay more taxes.

Plus if it gets approved, it will only go to those who's household income is less than $75K

Think about how much the government made off our tax that we will / might be given back.

$180,000,000,000 X 8% average annual return or 0.0667% per month or 0.0022% per day

= $14,989,939,186 they made off our taxes in one year with compounding interest. The government pays BIG bucks to brokerage firms to make them money, on our money, and the 8% is a very conservitive figure. Example my investments on average last year yielded 13-15% return, depending on the fund.

Why can't we get the interest back to??? Just a thought...

muleyman

I don't know how you figure they made any interest money, it was spent before they got it. this isn't a tax refund it's moving money out of the treasury into the consumers hand in hopes of staying off a recession. so in fact the government is just refunding taxes and adding that amount to the national debt, if it works then great but this isn't due to any extra cash laying around.

ALL I'M ASKING FOR IS THE MONEY THAT LITTLE George HAS SCREWED US ALL OUT OF BY THESE FUEL PRICES BEING TWICE WHAT THEY SHOULD BE!!!

I SWEAR TO GOD WE'RE ALL HELPING PAY FOR THE WAR EVERY TIME WE PULL INTO A STATION TO FILL THE TANK!!!

IT BETTER BE A BIG CHECK LITTLE George OR I'M GONNA BE PISSED!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I'm really leaning torwards a .300 Weatherby, My grandfather and uncles have shot them for years. Kinda a nostalgic thing, I have one already but it's a vanguard = not a real Weatherby :) Probably sell the Van to get a nice scope for the new one.

mtmuley, I know....counting them chicks before they hatch. I'm still watchin the mailbox though.

I heard today, any money comming would be August at the earliest.

If I believe it's really going to happen, I guess I could charge something on my Mastercard, and pay it off in August!

Don't even think it!

Eel

I thought the thresh hold for couples was less than $150,000 for a full rebate and up to $187,000 for a partial rebate. For singles was less than $75,000 for a full rebate and up to $87,000 for a partial rebate. So most families should see something which will be good. The downside, by the time you get your check oil will be at $300.00 per barrel and that should make the payment just about enough for a box of shells not a new rifle! Just kidding it's really 2 boxes or 1 hair appointment for your wife! So there goes the rifles and the shells but she'll be looking fine!

Whatever it is,....... I'll just put the balance on my credit card, J/K. In reality, what ever I get it will be like finding a $1 bill in the washing machine, not expecting it but it should put a smile on my face for a few seconds :)

I'm just glad the GOP stuck to their guns and made the Dems accept the fact that most of the money would be going to the average worker, who pay the bills, and not to the free loaders in the welfare systems that Perlosi wanted it to go too.

RELH

Senate democrats started a push today to include retirees, they sure do to cater to the dang free loaders don't they?

I'm buying ammo for my new paint ball gun. at $50.00 a box of 2,000 thats alot of paint.
Dude does your house need painted? Like bright orange?

Ransom

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-08 AT 11:37PM (MST)[p]Com'on you guys I was setting RELH up and you ruined it.

I just wanted to know if he planned on tearing up the check the dems are pushing for him to get since I believe he's retired. I'm guessing he'll cash it and say the dems screwed up and did something right.

Dude;
I am only part retired, I make custom hunting knives. I am really glad that the great Dems decided to include retirees. Really makes me feel good knowing that I and other retired workers come in second place behind the free loaders in our welfare system with the dems in congress.
And the dems did not do anything right, I was already included by the bill put forth by the GOP based on yearly income that I pay taxes on.
But if we get a Dem. president and still have a majority Dem. congress, I can count on giving the money back to our Gov. in the form of higher taxes that those Dems will drop on us to pay for their give away welfare programs that they are famous for doing. Even you can not argue that in good faith.

RELH

Ok, so if you were fully retired you'd tear the check up in protest right? is the dems thinking about you behind the welfare cases worse than the republicans not thinking of you at all?

Im pretty sure who ever is elected will raise taxes, this 150 billion dollar hand out we are debating right here is not a rebate. a rebate would imply that the feds have money not needed to run the government, a quick check of the debt will show that's not the case. in a way we can say Bush put the 8 years of his presidency on the VISA card and his successor is going to get the bill, unless your finances are different than mine that means you have to come up with some cash somewhere. no matter what happens Iraq is going to keep costing us and who knows what else may arise so yes, higher taxes are in our future in any event. if we're going to live on borrowed money it would at least be nice to have a robust economy wouldn't you think? this is proof low taxes aren't the answer to everything as much as I wish it were.

Hey RELH, dont forget the money Boxer and Finestein wanna give all the good convicted fellons who make less than $3000 a year. A convict contributes absolutley no money whatsoever to the economy. First they cost our law enforcment trying to catch em, then they cost us through the judicial system with public defenders and countless apeals, then they head over to the prison system where they get three sqares a day and all the free gym time they want, And last but not least.......When they get out the dems slap a big ole check in your hand. Unbelievable

"Senate democrats started a push today to include retirees, they sure do to cater to the dang free loaders don't they?"

Well of course they are, the Seniors because they aren't getting their free money to go along with the money they get from SS that they didn't pay into.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom