Cheap Vortex worth it????

fuzzyvelvet

Anyone tried any of the cheaper Vortex binoculars? Just curious if they are worth the $150-200. Looking for something for my wife. I own the Vipers and am very happy with them. Thanks,

Fuzzy

I bought a pair for my boy. We have been very happy with them. If i remember they are the 10 x 42 vultures. I am now thinking of getting one of there spotting scopes .

The best thing about them is their warranty. My dad and brother both have the 10x42. I think they wish they would have bought a little more expensive binos. I think they paid $220 for theirs. They are good for the money but I think they still have some work to do before they are a great product. I don't like their spotting scope, I used one this weekend at the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge. I used a Slyline angled one (MSRP $519). They are a new enough company, I think they have too many so-so models and not enough super awesome models. I would not get the low end Vortex, but the upper end are good.

Like dillon said they have an awsome warrenty. If it was me buying a new pair I would go with the upper end models because I am going to be using them all the time. But for a wife, girlfriend, son, or daughter ..... that may not use them all the time then the lowere ends area a great option in my opionion.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I just picked up a 8x32 furys and think they are pretty nice for the money, also have a viper 6.5x 20 44 mm scope that I am liking a lot.

I have a pair of Dimondbacks 10x50's and there awsome,a buddy let me barrow his 15x50's vipers for the elk hunt and they were even better, if I were to spend the money but keep it cheap I would get the VIPERS. The dimondbacks are a exellent glass too!

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone tried the Crossfires? They are the cheapest ones I think. Any good or bad feedback on them?

I bought a pair of diamondback 10x42 for my son. Think I paid $150 through Cameraland. After getting them I liked them better than by Nikons and Leupolds so I kept them for myself. I dropped them on the deer hunt this year and they snapped in two. I sent them back and had a braand new pair in less than a week. Their warranty is awesome.

I have a pair of Vultures and I love them. I use them for hunting, sporting events and spying on my neighbors; they work good in all applications. I don't plan on buying anything but Vortex in the future.

Just kidding on the neighbor watching.

HJB, I have always been a little leary of the 32mm objective. How did it do with gathering light? How is it in low light conditions? Does it compare to their 42mm? The price difference is insane. Funny, but the 12.5X42 is cheaper than the 10x42. Are any of these as good as the 10x32? Thanks for the input.

There's not a ton of difference. I prefer the 10x42s but when I'm backpacking 5-10 miles in, the 10x32 are the way to go. I have a pair of 10x50 vultures, and you can't tell much difference in light gathering. I can tell you that the Furys have better features and are very comfortable. The Vultures are nice too, but They are bulky and the eye piece came loose on mine a few times.
I sit next to someone while glassing all the time and they usually have 10x42s. I can tell you that I have never had a problem seeing what the guy next to me sees in the early morning, day, or evening.

If you live in the Ogden area, come take a look at them and compare them to my vultures. Shoot me a PM if you live up here.

i put a vortex scope that i bought at a MDF banquet in heber a few years ago on my wifes deer rifle and have not regreted it

i go with the dimandbacks!!! i think there 270$? i liked them just as much as the vipers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom