Chase Visa

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Never missed a payment, always on time, "3.99% and 4.99% for the life of loans", excellent credit score, but needed some credit to help get my business started and help keeping it so during the slow Winters. I'm in about 10k. Raises my payment from $210. to over $500. mo., to me, a bunch!

See below link, lots of people in the same boat!! Doesn't help me. Check this out!!

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/chase_credit_cards.html

Anybody see any help here? Please save the high nose, you shoulda did it like this...stuff, for those that don't or didn't bust their butt, stick their neck out, trying to make a small business work. It ain't easy!!!

Joey

I hear ya!
Same card, same problem. I have good credit, good history, and low balance compared to available credit. They jacked my rate up to default type #s. 28 or 29%. I will gut it out, pay it off and be dammed if I ever use it again. FYI-dont feel like the lone ranger on the business/credit card thing. Im right there with ya.

I think we would be better off taking our chances with Tony Soprano. Loan sharks are cheaper than these rates.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-09 AT 00:34AM (MST)[p]Capitol One.
Been with them for 6 years for my business. I used over 400,000 rewards this summer for family vacation to Hawaii. Last cpl years I had 100K/ year in purchases.
They haven't touched my account.

THIS SSHIT IS SCARY!!!

WE GOT SET UP A FEW YEARS BACK TO ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS!!!

ALOT OF PEOPLE WE WORK FOR DIDN'T HAVE THE CASH BUT MOST OF THEM HAD CREDIT CARDS!!!

SCARY PART IS NOW SOME OF THEM SAME PEOPLE HAVE MAXED OUT ALL THEIR CHARGE CARDS & CAN'T PAY ME NOW!!!

WHEN THEY BUY THEIR MORNING MT. DEW/COFFEE AND CHARGE IT ON A CHARGE CARD IT'S KINDA SCARY!!!

I THINK WHAT THEY ARE PULLING ON YOU sage OUGHT TO BE FLAT ASS ILLEGAL!!!

A GUYS GOTTA DO WHAT A GUYS GOTTA DO,SOMETIMES IT AIN'T PERTY & A GUT WRENCHING FEELING!!!

SOUNDS LIKE YOU DONE IT sage CUZZ YOU NEEDED TOO,I SEE SO MANY PEOPLE DOING IT JUST THINKING IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY!!!

WHATS SCARY IS THE YOUNGER GENERATION RACKING UP BIG BILLS ON 12 CREDIT CARDS & THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THEY CAN EVER PAY IT BACK!!!

I'M SICK OF BANKS,INSURANCE COMPAMIES AND HIGH TAXES ALWAYS BENDING THE WORKING MAN OVER!!!

SOMTIMES TO GET IN ON A PISSCUTTER IT TAKES SOME STEALTH!!!
I THANK MY FRIEND Feleno FOR THE STEALTH CAMO!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

It's amazing that the government didn't see this coming. We help them out and they stab us in the back. Higher interest rates oughta help pull this economy out of the gutter, don't you think? Our last 2 presidents should have said, we'll help if interest rates stay at 2% for the next 2 years no matter what the credit score.

Uneffinbelievable!

I just overpaid mine and they said they would send me a check in a couple weeks. I told them I charge 38% interest and the POS didn't think that was funny.

God help us.

Could be a blessing in disguise. A higher min. payment will get you out of the whole faster (trying for the positive spin :) )

LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-09 AT 09:33AM (MST)[p]Every other commercial on TV is some low life credit card company begging you to "charge" stuff. "For everything else there's Mastercard" type ads. And then they give a credit card to anybody with a heartbeat. That's THEIR fault. BS!!

One reason they're trying to screw people like Joey over is because there are so many defaults now days, and they're trying to re-coop their losses on the backs of the responsible card holders. That's your "reward" for paying on time Joey.

Legally, I don't know what you can do, but I would at least get on the phone and verbally abuse them SOBs. Not that they care, because they obviously don't have a consience.

Eel

CHASE is one of the worst to try and work with on a CC bill. When I lost my Mom 4 years ago it got so bad that the same "beech" would call daily and I of course got irate and started calling her every name in the book.
I didn't help matters but take no chit from a douche bag like that.
Finally my sister handled the problem and never heard another word.

CHASE sucks.

Brian

I have B of A and they did the same thing. We have had the cards for at least 10 years and never been late. Got a letter a month ago or so saying that they were changing the low 7% rate to a variable rate that was going to start at almost 10%. Never late and have over 750 credit score. If all the banks weren't doing I'd tell them where to stick the cards.

Here is something else to keep in mind that saw on TV a few months back. Some cards (Card A) are now using a missed payment on a completely unrelated card (Card B) as an excuse to change your interest rate to the default rate on Card A. Now that really seems ridiculous.

Advanta closed out my company account.
I used it for employee expense and out-a-town stuff, fuel, consumables, motel, etc. All the guys working for me had their own card.
I pay the balance off every month! never carried over any balance.
Just a letter saying May 30 my account would be closed.
Now almost every day I'm getting offers for cards to replace the advanta, Even chase is still pushing thier cards.

Times are changing, Its a good time to be out of debt.
This is going to turn a lot of people upside down!

I closed all my personal cards years ago!
Just wish my wife could get hers closed out!

They have become a necesity for lots of people, and just trying to do business on the internet of over the phone you have got to have some form of plastic. So at a mim you still need a bankcard just not a credit card if possible.

CANNON

Thanks guys for the support! After a restless night and a decent work day today i've decided to look at it like 257Tony said. If you read much of the link that i posted it's obvious that trying to negotiate anything other than "what they want" is futile so i'm going to call them and "Thank Them" for the "Great Idea", raising the amount of my payments 2 1/2 fold, helping me to pay the debt off sooner. I'll tell them, "You see, I appreciate you guy looking out for me!"

In reality, this time of year i usually have no problems meeting all my obligations, put some away for hunting, some for winter, and pay some extra to get my debt down. It's the Winters, plus a month or two on each side that these bigger payments will really hurt, the business phone acts as if it's disconnected, i have just gotten by each and every one these past 4 years.

Now this, AND, i got notice today that my auto insurer more than doubled my premium to $1350.+ a year because i backed into, scratched a buddy's work car at a friends house on poker night. It cost over a K to fix at the body shop so we turned it in, what's insurance for right? So my first claim, accident of any kind in over 35 years, none damage to my rig... More than double my premiums, %#&*^)@%%^&!!!

I told one of my good friends this AM, "Sometimes i think i was better off being a total drunk and not giving a S#it!!"

Yogi Berra said, "If it don't kill ya, it's good for ya"

Joey

Crapitol one was the worst...i will never have anything to do with them ever... They had the loan to my exs jeep that i was paying...I was in the army, seperated was paying for 2 households, getting medically seperated, i knew i was getting a severnce check from the army, i just didnt know when i was getting out...I never got more then 2 payments behind, i called and explained it to them, still got harrassing phone calls...the worst part they had an automated calling system would call every 5 mins...u answer and they would hang up on you...Same situation with wachovia...never got another phone call explained everything to them, they worked with me...now cause so many people default on their loans, i am currently one payment behind i get phone calls all the time...But if i dont have cash i dont need it anymore...interest rates can kiss my white bullseye....

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-09 AT 00:40AM (MST)[p]Here's another link that tells more why JP Chase visa is doing what they are doing.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2...ks-Preying-on-Consumers-before-Credit-Law-Sta

I'm Quoting a section here

"This has to be the most depraved banking move I've seen since I've been writing about the economy, which has been quite a while.

The Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act, set to go into effect in February 2010, will restrict credit card issuers from raising interest rates on cardholders' existing balances, charging certain fees, and imposing unreasonable penalties on consumers. As a result, banks are now scrambling to immediately raise interest rates and fees, cut credit limits, and impose higher balance transfer fees.

But no bank is more outrageous or deceitful than Chase Bank (a bailout recipient) which is now owned by JP Morgan (a bailout beneficiary). Beginning in August 2009, Chase (the second-largest U.S. bank) is demanding that consumers pay a minimum of 5 percent of their current balance each month rather than 2 percent (the normal industry standard).

This will likely destroy the credit of millions more Americans, provide a profit bonanza for Chase, and damage the United States' global credit rating. It's going to impact all of us."

Ok, I'm back. Read some of the complaints by Chase "users"(read; SUCKERS).

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom