Chain Saw Class

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
U Got'z a Chain Saw...? Or Bugger's, snotty Buggers, Hard dried Bugger's or; A Hot Chick...?

Lot'z 2 learn here'z:

This may be my cousin so be kind to Him.

I kinda had a thought sooner or later someone would toss such an Arrow at him, but never thought it would be in the first reply.

You are light-years Senior to me on MM'eys so, you and others may have such privileges, not me :)

Bess....Wuz'N Me.....

Actually some good advice in that video if you can look past the "humor"

The trick is to not get boogers in your gas to begin with. Clean the saw off before you take the filler cap off.

eelgrass, You are an authority on such tools. I have studied the manual then went online to find a blade that was aggressive in dry wood. I got lost.

The local shop is inundated with Home-Owners so he offers only safe-N-sane blades. I want the "INSANE" blade for each of 3 Stihl saws.

Although most folks believe a blade is a blade, I tend to feel it takes many years to understand what is needed each time.

First off the "Blade" has nothing to do with cutting dry wood...its the chain with teeth...for cutting any wood buy chisel bit teeth and full comp chain..you can see examples in a madsen or bailey logging supply catalog...chisel bit is filed with a special 3 corner flat file..also keeping the chain stops knocked down to the same level of your filed teeth is very important...when I "rocked" a chain I'd even it up with a mechanical chain grinder but still would fine tune it with a file...just like sharpening your hunting knife..by hand is better..

>Bess on a typical day of
>work.
>
>Sorry jager, I could only last
>thru about a minute or
>so of it.
>
>www.sportsmensaccess.org

NVB You PLICK!:D

In My Video Clip You'll learn How To File/Grind the Dogs Down So the HorsePower can do it's Job!

Don't Try it with Your Little PISSCUTTER Saws Though!

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

Longun..You know your topic but I have no true Lumber cutters in my area. I will read Saw Chain 101 but I see the below and do not know what options my Stihl's may have, ie: Bar's and Chain's

...for cutting any wood buy chisel bit teeth and......... full comp chain.. "WHAT is a full comp chain...?"

you can see examples in a madsen or bailey logging supply catalog... " I have bailey Below---But I remain Confused ". :-(

chisel bit is filed with a special 3 corner flat file..also keeping the chain stops knocked down ... "Here I go back down into the Ditch of zero knowledge----what is a CHAIN STOP--- Why do we knock'er down..? "

to the same level of your filed teeth is very important...when I "rocked" a chain I'd even it up with a mechanical chain grinder but still would fine tune it with a file

Want to learn more about Chainsaw Saw Chain? Download our instructional PDF: Saw Chain 101
See:
http://www.baileysonline.com/Pages/Chainsaw-Chain-Cross-Reference-Chart/

Jager, you keep your chain stops knocked down so you get the best chip when sawing. Not too big or too small. You get maximum efficiency that way. If you have good clean wood, chisel bit chain is best. I used semi chisel or round when I worked on the landing for 3 years. It doesn't cut as fast as chisel bit but stays sharper longer in dirty conditions.

Hope this helps. :)

Full comp chain is saw chain with a cutting tooth on every other driver.The driver is the bottom part of the chain which runs on the chain sprocket of the saw...the more teeth you have on the chain the smoother cutting it is...the chain stop is the gun sight looking thing in front of each tooth on your chain...i always file these down when it shows a dull shine on top..just take your flat file and go across it a couple times each time you sharpen the teeth with a chisel bit file or round file..

Longun... I went to the Saw Chain 101 and learned zero However Longun, in your descriptive wordings, I learned more than in the past 40 years. Amazing how ONE TEACHER can reach the kid in the back of the class.

Eelgrass, if you lived on a Landing and, I have been at many (Not a worker) in Northern California, You are a Monster-Heeee-Man + Living through it to now be older.

I will return to: http://www.baileysonline.com/ and study. My Daughters do most all Chain Saw work and were Sloooowly taught since age 10 but for the first 8 years they were never holding the saw themselves. The only thing the local shop got rid of was the Homeowners safety chain and sold us non-safety chains but I don't know what they are.

Jagerdad :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom