Central Mtns, Manti/San Rafael

M

MikePritzl

Ok guys hope you can help, we have drawn are fifth choice Central Mountains/Manti for are yearly archery trip in August. I have hunted Fish Lake, Beaver and Duck Creek for over forty years but never been to Central Mountains. Can I get some feedback on where to go, this is a big area and I want to start to narrow it down and any info would be much appreciated, We will be hunting deer and spike elk. Thanks and I hope all of you have a great hunting season.

Honestly Mike, you can pretty much pick a spot on the map. Anywhere off skyline Dr will hold animals. Problem is there are a lot of people that hunt this unit. I have hunted it on the north end and south, and prefer the North for elk, which is primarily what I archery hunt. The top of Fairview canyon is great, and use to hold decent deer as well as a lot of elk. I haven't hunted it for a couple of years, but would not hesitate to go back.

}}-SLIVER-->

Sliver, Thanks for the input, we like to go deep off the roads so we need to just get out there and find them like we always do but your input was just what I was looking for based on north to south and the Skyline road, Thanks

We also drew this tag my dad and I guess its a pretty easy draw. We are hiring hightop outfitters for our hunt very reasonable priced and we can buy cow spike elk vouchers for this hunt over the counter should be a lot of fun!

Not to be a downer, but we have hunted it for the last 10 years and it seems to be going seriously down hill. We used to see deer everywhere, but now we really have to search.
We will be there again this year, but there are a ton of hunters on that unit. Hard to even find a camp spot unless you go early.
Good luck

Wow, what is the problem with the draw system!!! I put this unit as well as 3 of my buddies we hunt with ever year as our first choice. none of us drew a tag for this unit. we all drew separate units!!

I have hunted this unit archery since I was 12. There are some great bucks on it!!! enjoy you have a great tag!!!

So if guns kill people, I suppose pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat...

Thanks for all the input everyone this has helped a ton already, I am pretty good at reading terrain and understanding how mule deer work and I like what I see can't wait to get there. I hope all of you have a great season and get it done, Peace.

My dad drew this tag from the expo, it is also an archery tag. He is getting older (51) and has also smoked for a good portion of his life. We will be hunting but limited to how far we can go. If anyone knows of good spots I will gladly take any advise.

Any idea what kind if bucks this unit is capable of producing? We drew this for archery first time hunting Utah killed a 176inch 4x3 in nevada archery season last year. That was just pure luck. What kind of expectations for this unit?

Expect a spike and shoot a nice buck. If you put in the time you can get a nice buck. I have seen some monsters but to be honest they go into some rugged crap once the hunts start.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom