Centennial Mountains Muleys?

chewyman55

Any of you gentlemen ever hit the Centennial's after deer? I enjoy hunting the rugged high country...but also enjoy spotting a buck or two. How are the deer numbers in that range? Also is it crawling with grizzlies? Thanks and good luck this fall !!

I have a cabin up there and hike that country a lot. It looks like great deer country, but they are few and far between. I could count on one hand the number of 160 or bigger bucks I have seen up there in the last 20 years - no bs. They just don't live there. I often wonder if its because of the bad winters.

And yes, it is full of grizzlies. IDFG is trapping and collaring them in the Centennials at this very time. I guarantee you will see at least a grizzly track if you hike that country for 3-4 days.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I've spent some time around Kilgore and often thought those areas North looked good but, I guess looks aren't everything! I'll put up with grizzlies but, the hunting has to be worth the hassle and worry. Doesn't sound like that's the case there. I appreciate the input.

I agree very few big bucks, there are some good elk up there though

46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

Don't forget to mention that between Idaho and Montana there are also tons of people up in them hills. Bucks of any size have always been few and far between up there. And you would have to explain what you would consider to be a good bull any more, to many late hunts to let anything grow up to be any good bulls! But I have read on this site that there are some MONSTERS up there!! Grizz, yeah and has been for years!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom