Celiac disease

feddoc

Long Time Member
Anyone have it?

My doc thinks, pending test results and a possible biopsy, that I may have it. Am I done for? Am I gonna have to have you guys come split up my stuff?

The key was when I told her that almost immediately after my first surgery, I had this gut wrenching lower left quadrant abdominal pain...I was crawling to the bathroom, either to die or poop. Turns out that as soon as I did my thing, the pain relief was immediate, almost soothing.

So, what's next, besides going on a gluten free diet...NO BEER...?

I'll take your guns. :)

Stay away from wheat beer like shocktop, blue moon, heff. They tear me up and I don't even think I have Celiac disease.

I know a guy who has CD and he isn't dying.

I have several family members who are gluten free. Other than being a very boring diet it isn't the end of the world.

A friends son had to be hospitalized several times becasue they THOUGHT he was allergic to gluten. It was very, very painful for him. However, after about 6 months of doing whatever the doctors did....they figured out it was not gluten at all. The boy is fine and eats whatever he wants now. It may not be the gluten....just FYI. If you want more info, I can get more if needed. I hope you feel better. That really sucks to not feel well.

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

My daughter in law is allergic to gluten. Before the doctor diagnosed it as a gluten allergy we just figured it was a symptom of her being a Utard.

2311idiot.jpg

I was diagnosed with Celiac about 8 years ago. After I went on a 100% gluten free diet I started to feel better. It took about a year to really recover. Now my only restrictions are the diet. It will take some research but there are lots of GF things out there. Start with an internet search for sources. Many local health food stores have GF sections. Nothing wrong with plain ol fruits, veggies and meat. I had to learn to make my own MRE's since the military ones are taboo. Lots of options. Cliff Bars and Zone Bars both make several GF offerings although not all flavors are GF. These will get you by as a snack until you figure out what is available in your area or you can order stuff on-line.

Good Luck

I know I lead a very shelterd life but I have never heard of Celiac disease. Sounds like something I don't want. But WTF is it.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

This is not entirely a bad thing for you...Going gluten free will be the best health choice you'll make in a long time. You will be eating a very clean and healthy diet. Don't worry the GF market has been on top of things for quite a while with lots of tasty options.
Wheat is a huge culprit but people think it's such a great food...It's very difficult for your body to digest.
Good luck, this will end up being a blessing in disguise!

Traditional >>>------->

>This is not entirely a bad
>thing for you...Going gluten free
>will be the best health
>choice you'll make in a
>long time. You will be
>eating a very clean and
>healthy diet. Don't worry the
>GF market has been on
>top of things for quite
>a while with lots of
>tasty options.
>Wheat is a huge culprit but
>people think it's such a
>great food...It's very difficult for
>your body to digest.
>Good luck, this will end up
>being a blessing in disguise!
>
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->

+1

My wife and almost all of her family are Celiacs. I mumbled "you're full of shat, you mean silly-ass". She said "what?", and I said "never mind".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom