Caught some fish today

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
249220150928183515.jpg

692820150928183203.jpg

Largest was 3 lb 4 ozs.

OK, i'll bite. :)

So, big lake, small lake, from boat or along the bank, bait or hardware, half an hour or half a day, by yourself or a whole gang, what's the story and just how big was the one that got away? lol

Nice fish, all rainbows?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Thoses are some fine fish, but how the heck do stand on the side of a vertical mountian like that without falling off ?

Anaconda- I tried rotating that pic and it still turned sideways. My cellphone is cranky...
Sage- It was from the bank and we used corn, mallows,rat Fink with a nightcrawler etc. We fished for 7 hours. Those fish are Dupoid trout which dont reproduce and the feed is good in the lake so many are from 2 1/2 punds all the way to 6 or seven pounds.
we both caught 4 so no one was outfished. I went with a friend and its the first time I went fishing with him. He had a good electric knife and filleted all my fish when we got back.
Those fish are very strong and I used a lighweight 7' Rogue Rod with a Shimano Stradic 2500 Spinning reel so it was awesome to fight them -almost like catching smaller steelhead.
I found a recipe-Peach Schnapps,water,brown sugar and kosher salt. Marinade for 10 hours then rinse and pat dry. Brush fish with Yoshidas Gourmet sauce and put them in the smoker. It sounds very good.

DM, Thanks, a guy needs a day like that every once in awhile! Rat Fink? There a new one by me... lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Sage-my friend call them Rat Fink but the package says Gumdrop. they are a hook with a floating gumdrop piece on the eye end. They work well to keep the float the bait above the weeds.
The general deer in Idaho is Oct 10. Its getting close and Im stoked. When do you hunt this year?

I'm always looking for ways to keep my baits up off the bottom, think it is much more productive. I don't like to air fill my crawlers though. It kills them and to me, it doesn't look natural at all so if i was a fish, those air filled crawlers would be a dead giveaway and something i'd avoid. So most of the time i use a small marshmallow with the crawler wiggling out both sides.

The trouble with that, a guy needs to be using bigger hooks, like size 4 or even size 2 and though the trout i'm usually after are 2-5 pound range, it takes a good strong hook set from that big hook and big gob of bait with lots of line out,... misses happen.

If i was a fish! I can't tell you how many times i've gone fishing thinking just that. Where would i be and what would i be likely to bite...if i were a fish. lol

Hunting, i have a general type tag over on the Coast side of the North State. Huge area, low success. I hope to make at least one good hunt over there but unfortunately, this year was mostly about points.

Joey

That's exactly what I say Joey. No air in the worms ! These Gumdrop are like a little fish head at the worm end and although worms don't have fish heads (lol) the darn fish hit like crazy so I'm sold on Gumdrop and don't have to check the bait unless I miss a bite . I like fishing so much I keep an eagle eye on my pole if it's not set in a pole holder.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom