Catch 'em alive Jack

feddoc

Long Time Member

By forcing his hand deep enough into a wolf's mouth, he could stun the creature long enough to capture it, a service for which he was paid fifty dollars by eager ranchers.

So, you doing a book report or is this homework? He lived a surprisingly long time, unless he took this up later in life.

Thanks feddoc this is right up my alley, I’ve been wanting to catch a couple of live ones. I know a few people I’d like to give them to.

I can see it now.

Wyoming Game and Fish Regulation Section 54.72 (c)

No person shall pursue or capture wolves with their bare hands.

Reminds me of a story my uncle told me when I was about 7 years old. He told me about how he used to trap bear, for the hearders in the old days.there was one , that noone could trap, long story short, when he had his runin with the old bear, he waited until it charged, with its huge mouth wide open, he reached in grabbed its tail, and yanked the bear inside out, he said after, the bear was to old and tough to eat.......

Ref to Legal Smeagal.. Guy's wearing Gloves do not fall under Bare Hands:
"Wyoming Game and Fish Regulation Section 54.72 (c)

No person shall pursue or capture wolves with their bare hands."
By the imaginary manner... How might a Human CAPTURE WOLVE9S) [Many more than 1] whilst using HANDS...? If we have HANDS working on a Ranch and request each one to strip down to zero clothing hence NAKED {NUDE} Pursue Wolves, are the Managers Guilty of violating this LAW buy Pursuing wolves with, BARE HANDS...?
Inquiring Minds, Want, 2 Know..?

Jagerdad :).... Eel... R U A LAW DOG...?

Ref to Legal Smeagal.. Guy's wearing Gloves do not fall under Bare Hands:
"Wyoming Game and Fish Regulation Section 54.72 (c)

No person shall pursue or capture wolves with their bare hands
."

By the imaginary manner... How might a Human CAPTURE WOLVE9S) [Many more than 1] whilst using HANDS...? If we have HANDS working on a Ranch and request each one to strip down to zero clothing hence NAKED {NUDE} Pursue Wolves, are the Managers Guilty of violating this LAW buy Pursuing wolves with, BARE HANDS...?
Inquiring Minds, Want, 2 Know..?

Jagerdad :).... Eel... R U A LAW DOG...? He's a Man of Experience!

Sorry my Dear Friend Eel... I was under the Marijuana Devil when I wrote the above... { Ore Sum wood Enjoy say'n }.

Jagerdad :) Love all of U :)

Jager, using gloves is okay! :) You're always reading the fine print and looking for a loophole.

Bob?,

I've had the judge read them to me a time or two. :ROFLMAO:

It doesn’t say that in Idaho, here’s one I just caught with my hands, the other day
1230F759-BD5A-41FC-8FC3-4B362031D3D9.jpeg

Yes sir they do,there are several varieties of calling through out the year, but the hair on my neck stands up every time I call them in close

If you are good at Skinning and having them Tanned, I would like to Buy a Pelt or Two. Feel free to send me a PM/Email.

I was a Trapper for years and my Family appreciates fine Pelts.

Jagerdad :)

If you are good at Skinning and having them Tanned, I would like to Buy a Pelt or Two. Feel free to send me a PM/Email.

I was a Trapper for years and my Family appreciates fine Pelts.

Jagerdad :)
I am good at skinning,the best tannery just south of me is temporarily closed, so I froze them . I will pull them out in a couple of weeks finish turning the eyes, lips and ears and hopefully get them down to the tannery. We will keep in touch. Thanks Bill

Dear Bill...

When I tried to listen to my Mentor (He's in Alaska and we just spoke for an hour) I simply Blew out Muskrat's eyes as I tried to skin them. I was so terrible I was embarrassed. He had me try Raccoon, Coyote, Beaver, Fox (I trapped so many Gray Foxes its pitiful) I simply was a train wreck every time. We all have our strong points, mine was light years away from Eyes.

My Mentor decided to make a deal wherein I dropped of all Muskrat's {3.74 each} and he would skin my stuff and take them to the Fur Sales { Roundabouts } and he got 10% from his efforts.

At such merchant events they held a competition on the time it took to fully skin a Muskrat. He won every year at doing it on a stage in under 60 seconds.

Such days/times in California are long gone. :-(

Jagerdad ... Your Trapper Friend or Pelt Friend or, simply a Friend to anyone.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom