Catastrophe in Reno

Long Time Member
Another air show catastrophe this time in Reno. What a horrible deal. I always feel on edge at air shows. It seems like they are more a matter of when than if. Sad deal. Sounds like at least the pilot and two spectators were killed with dozens of others seriously injured.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

A couple pilot friends of mine were there. One is in the hospital and had a large piece of shrapnel removed and is in good condition. It shook quite a few people up.

Ya bad bad situation. Sad thing. There is another video that shows him all of a sudden climbing and then flipping over upside down and then pile drives it into the ground. My heart goes out to the people involved. They have shut down the rest of the races for the weekend, show cancelled. Seems there has been a history of crashes at Reno, but when your going 500+ mph things tend to come apart sometimes, im sure there will be alot of people wanting to shut it down.

I have a family memeber who was there afterward as part of the press conference. He actually went right to the site. He said it was awful.

A guy I know is a REMSA medic and was treating people 30 sec after the impact,hes been posted there all week and putting pics up on FB,when I heard the report I thought Oh Shiiiiittttt......he didnt get a scratch but it sounds like the reality of the crash is far more gruesome than the news is reporting.

Police are saying the death toll is up to 9 now.....sad! As an A&P mechanic, I hate seeing planes get trashed like that, but they can be replaced. Human life can't. :(

There are more dead and a bunch of amputations,severed and mangled limbs were common.

Here is a pic of what likely caused the crash.

312688_10150283636206503_39225221502_8103332_2108958101_n.jpg

Lost the left elevator trim tab, plane pithced up then nosed over. It happened before in 1998 but the guy had more air to recover.

http://www.warbird.com/voodoo.html

Sad day for all.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom