Carrie Underwood should not be singing country

I don't support her anyways cause I hate her music. I am curious if I missed somthing about the humane society though. In their mission statement it says the only hunting they don't support is "unsporting". So in my mind that means that they are on the same side as ethical hunters. Is that true or is their statement just worded like that to fool us? I really don't know and would love a good answer.

Hunting is my way of life
Sgt. Petersen
USMC OIF OEF Vet.

I change the station very time she comes on.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

She's hotter than Tiffany.

carrieunderwood13-430x250.jpg

She doesn't sing country.

Not sure there has actually been much country on the radio since Willy, George, Johnny, Kris, Waylon, Hank, David Allen, etc.

>I don't support her anyways cause
>I hate her music. I
>am curious if I missed
>somthing about the humane society
>though. In their mission statement
>it says the only hunting
>they don't support is "unsporting".
>So in my mind that
>means that they are on
>the same side as ethical
>hunters. Is that true or
>is their statement just worded
>like that to fool us?
>I really don't know and
>would love a good answer.
>
>
>
>Hunting is my way of life
>
>Sgt. Petersen
>USMC OIF OEF Vet.

The Humane Society of the United States is every bit opposed to hunting as is Peta. They are in my opinion more dangerous because they are so good at cloaking their true intentions. They put to the front the argument that canned hunts and hi fenced hunts are immoral and unjustified, all the while the abolition of hunting is their primary goal. I just completed my semester term paper on hunting and the impact of antis and some of the crap these people spew is frightening. It doesnt help that there are some unethical hunters that always seem to make the headlines, but then they try to portray all of us in that same light.

This is also on the Huntersagainstpeta.com, about the HSUS:

The Humane Society of the United States
They currently have 10.6 million members worldwide making them the largest anti hunting group in the world. They?re worth more than $120 million dollars. They take in annually around $65 million dollars every year from donations and use a large chunk of that money aimed at stopping hunting. The Humane Society also strongly supports wolves being protected and kept on the endangered species list.

?If we could shut down all sport hunting in a moment, we would.? ? (Wayne Pacelle ? President of HSUS), as quoted by the Associated Press in Impassioned Agitator, December 30, 1991.

?Our goal is to get sport hunting in the same category as ##### fighting and dog fighting.? ? Wayne Pacelle, as quoted in the Bozeman Daily Chronicle, October 8, 1991.

?Sport hunting?the killing of wild animals as recreation?is fundamentally at odds with the values of a humane, just and caring society.? ? HSUS Website 2003.

Pacelle has been associated with 26 successful statewide ballot measure initiatives to protect wild animals, including measures to prohibit mourning dove hunting.

Wayne Pacelle ? ?We did a lot of field protests against hunting where we would walk with hunters and talk with them about hunting. And in the process they were seldom able to make a kill (the distraction and six people tromping with a hunter scared away the animals). We also challenged the constitutionality of state hunter harassment laws.? ? 1998 interview with Pacelle by Erik Marcus published on www.vegan.com.

Even Merritt Clifton, publisher of ?Animal People?, a newsletter written by animal rightists for animal rightists, singled out HSUS as well for appearing to be something it is not. In December?s 11th annual report on fundraising, under the heading ?How they fool the world?, he writes:

?The Humane Society of the U.S., for instance, is not and never has been a collective voice for all, most, or any other humane societies. Neither does it shelter animals, adopt out animals, neuter animals, or share funding with local humane societies. In fact, HSUS is an advocacy organization representing just itself.?

Thanks for the great replies and info guys. I guess I was way out of the loop on that one.

Hunting is my way of life
Sgt. Petersen
USMC OIF OEF Vet.

I wonder if these celebs even know the true implications of their donations. Hell I've donated to and bought several animals from The Human Society. Then I found out what they stand for and Grizz is correct. They are 100% against hunting, trapping etc....then my wife and I had a big fight about it and I won. At least I don't know about any donations??? This is kinda like buying a Subaru...who knew. I don't listen to her on the radio but i will watch her sing on the tube. Who knows...maybe good intensions gone bad...

HK

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom