Carl Edwards

Yes that was impressive but what impressed me more was what he said afterwards about restrictor plate racing.

This is what he said yesterday:

"In a way, I know it's exciting for the fans, but I personally don't think that this style of racing should be a part of the Sprint Cup Series," Edwards said yesterday. "It's just too bad we have to race like this. If it weren't for points it would be a little different, but you've really got to go out there and put yourself in a position where you're just at the mercy of everything and I hope that someday we can find a way to race at these tracks without being in that position.?

And then today:

?First of all, I've got to tell my wife and my mom I'm fine. Brad was pushing, he's doing everything he can. I saw him go high. I went high. He goes low right here and I didn't realize he got that far, so I went low to block a little bit and he was already there, so I turned around backwards. At this point I'm thinking, ?Boy, I wish this made out of liquid gel material,? and then I'm very fortunate we hit the wall in a way it didn't crush my roll cage down on my neck because that would have been a lot worse. NASCAR just puts us in this box. Brad did a great job. Congrats to him on the win, but they put us in this box and we'll race like this until we kill somebody and then they'll change it, but I'm just glad nobody got hurt today. I'm glad the car didn't go up in the grandstands and hurt somebody. Most of all, I've just got to thank Claritin and all my guys. That was the smartest race I could run and I guess we ended up 23rd or something, but Brad did his job. We were just racing hard and we're lucky nobody got hurt.?

Don't hold back Carl!!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

A class act for sure, if that
would of been Jr, he would have
been looking to role some heads.

I just wish Carl would of slid on
his belly to the finish line like
in Talladega Nights.

He caused the accident and you guys think he's a hero???

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Yah Hardway, he pretty much wrecked himself. Not sure I would loosely use that term hero, but he did have a classy finish. But hey, way to try and turn this post into a name calling thread. I'm sure he went airborne on purpose and I'm pretty sure he wanted his car to catch fire with him in it. I didn't hear him blaming anybody else either. Think before you type next time.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

I dont remember calling anyone a name. I just thought it was funny that he's all of a sudden a "hero" for wreking himself and Ryan Newman. Its a given he did'nt do it on purpose and even stated that it was his fualt. But hey its racing and he definatly was a sportsman about the deal. Here's my question....would he still be your guys "hero" if he did it a half lap sooner and was'nt able to heroicly sprint to the finish line?

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-09 AT 01:04PM (MST)[p]He was racing wasn't he? Stuff happens when you are racing - it is the danger of the sport and he was on the last lap and trying to protect the lead. Yes he was trying to block and caused the accident - but THAT IS RACING! And more importantly - THAT IS RESTRICTOR PLATE RACING! What do you expect when everyone is going the same speed? The only thing you can do is manuever, draft, and push - too many cars way too close - and he still went airborne - what NASCAR tried to prevent with the advent of restrictor plates.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I am not a Carl Edwards fan in any sense of the word and in my opinion he is far from classy or a hero. But I did appreciate the way he conducted himself after the race and running across the finish line was a nice move after being in a bad situation.

I MET CARL A FEW YEARS AGO!!!

ACTUALLY A DECENT KID!!!

I LIKED HIM BEFORE THIS HAPPENED!!!

I STILL LIKE HIM AFTER!!!

42 OTHER DRIVERS IN THE SAME SITUATION WOULDA DONE THE SAME DAMN THING!!!

PUKE PLATE RACES SUCK!!!

I'VE SAID IT FOR YEARS & I'M STILL SAYIN IT!!!

I AM GLAD NOBODY GOT HURT!!!

BOTH KENNSETH & EDWARDS WALKED AWAY THIS WEEKEND AND IT AMAZES ME!!!

HOPEFULLY NONE OF THE SPECTATORS GOT HURT EITHER!!!

HE WAS SHREDDIN SOME FENCING THERE FOR A MINUTE!!!

GUARANTEED IF THIS WOULDA HAPPENED JUST A FEW YEARS AGO SOMEBODY WOULDA GOT HURT!!!

I STILL REMEMBER WATCHING EARNHART SR.'S LAST RACE!!!

WE DON'T NEED TO SEE ANOTHER ONE LIKE THAT!!!

BUT IF THEY KEEP RUNNING THESE PUKE PLATES IT'S GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

FOOT IN THE FAN & WOT ALL DAMN DAY!!!

NOBODY WILL LIFT THEIR FRICKEN RIGHT FOOT NO MATTER WHAT!!!

THE HUM OF THEM ENGINES NEVER CHANGE!!!

DON'T KNOW IF YOU GUYS NOTICED OR NOT???

BUT THE SHOCK WAS SO SEVERE ON CARLS CAR IT RIPPED THE HOLLEY CARB RIGHT OFF THE ENGINE!!!

HOPEFULLY A SPECTATOR AIN'T WEARING A HOLLEY DOUBLE PUMPER???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom