Carbin fiber tripods

chasendeer

Carbon fiber tripods are they worth the money? I have a bogen and it's heavy. Do they way that much less?
Thank you.
Jay

Jay, I been through every carbon fiber tripod available. The ones that make the most sense are the Slik Carbon Fiber Pro series. The 713 weighs in at 2.75 lbs and extends to 65.5 inches. I have this tripod. It's great if you need/like to stand up when glassing. It's about half the weight of my Bogen 3001 which is one of the lighter Bogens. It goes for about $219.00 which is cheap for a carbon fiber. The Bogen and Gitzo carbons are much more and they also weigh more. The Slik 613 is 1.6 lbs but only goes up 47.4 inches for $209.00. These are both great tripods. You can get them at B&H photo or Adorama. Just google them. Good luck!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-06 AT 08:52PM (MST)[p]can you use the 713 sitting down also? Do the lega ajust to differant angles?
Thanks
Jay

Yes, you can use the 713 while sitting down. The legs have three different angles to set them in just like the Bogens. If all your going to be doing is sitting then I would get the 613 simply because it's lighter. Even though I have the 713 I will probably buy the 613 at some point for the occations when I pack it farther.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom