Captain Phil

Roy

Hey fellas - sad news from the Harris family. For some of us - not me - but others on here who actually knew him, he was more than just a reality series stalwart. I am saddened because I thought Deadliest Catch brought us close to him and his family in ways that other reality series do not. Deadliest Catch will certainly not be the same.

Discovery Channel: 'Deadliest Catch' captain dies
Feb. 10, 2010, 12:14 AM EST
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- A spokesman for The Discovery Channel says the captain of the "Deadliest Catch" fishing vessel Cornelia Marie has died.

Capt. Phil Harris suffered what his family described as a massive stroke on Jan. 29 while the boat was in port at St. Paul Island, Alaska. He was flown to Anchorage for surgery.

A Discovery spokesman says the Harris family contacted the network Tuesday evening with word of his death.

Few details were released; however, Discovery Channel spokeswoman Elizabeth Hillman issued a statement on behalf of Harris' sons, Jake and Josh, saying their father has "always been a fighter and continued to be until the end."

The Discovery Channel reality show depicts the crab fishing industry in the dangerous waters off Alaska. Harris' fishing vessel was based in Seattle.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=457705&GT1=28103

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom