CanyonWell/Wind Generators???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Hey CW?

You might be Tipping some TWEETY Birds over?:D

Seems the Greenies might be in Conflict with the Animal Rights Activists?

What's it gonna be?

Clean Power which Ain't necessarily as clean/Free as Greenies think?

Or shut em down so we can save the Birdies?

Or smack em with a Nominal Fee every once in a while & everything's fine?

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27751303&ni...wind-farms-a-first&fm=home_page&s_cid=queue-4

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

Reading that article tripped me out that those blades can reach 170 miles per hour. Even when its really windy it seems like those things are barely turning. Learn something new everyday.

MORE COAL MORE COAL MORE COAL, the lefties can stick those windmills up their butt. They don't produce crap for power

I thought the only place the wind blew was my place. It has been a nightmare over the last 3 days 40-70 mph. loss of power 3 times If I had a wind generator it would probably break. Or I would be rich. My girl friend passes wind and I don't much care for that either. Why don't they just build a big battery?

Rutnbuck

> I thought the only
>place the wind blew was
>my place. It has been
>a nightmare over the last
>3 days 40-70 mph. loss
>of power 3 times If
>I had a wind generator
>it would probably break. Or
>I would be rich. My
>girl friend passes wind and
>I don't much care for
>that either. Why don't they
>just build a big battery?
>
>
> Rutnbuck

Hey Rut?

If they had a Big Battery for your Chick!

You'd have to Charge Her Up!:D

Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

Altimont Pass between Livermore and Tracy Ca has always been a windy spot and has thousands of the big wind machines,,, all locked down to not turn. Not sure why as i don't live in that country anymore but they were a big deal years ago and put a lot of guys to work building and installing them.

Now, they look like crap, aging dinosaurs spotting the hills for miles and miles. Some are all rusty, some broken down with bent up blades scattered on the ground nearby, but again, all the one's i could see were locked down and no longer in use.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>
>Altimont Pass between Livermore and Tracy
>Ca has always been a
>windy spot and has thousands
>of the big wind machines,,,
>all locked down to not
>turn. Not sure why as
>i don't live in that
>country anymore but they were
>a big deal years ago
>and put a lot of
>guys to work building and
>installing them.
>
>Now, they look like crap, aging
>dinosaurs spotting the hills for
>miles and miles. Some are
>all rusty, some broken down
>with bent up blades scattered
>on the ground nearby, but
>again, all the one's i
>could see were locked down
>and no longer in use.
>
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Bet the tweety bird foundation got them shut down. What a shame. What a waste of time, money, and resources. Can't use coal anymore--pollutants. Can't use oil & gas--fracing is bad and they produce too many byproducts. Can't use solar--too many manufacturing environmental concerns plus landscape pollution. Can't use windmills--too many dead birds and landscape pollution. Can't use nuclear, geothermal, ect. ect. It leaves one logical conclusion. The only acceptable solution to a certain populous of our 'progressives' is to enact global genocide using an environmental friendly agent. In the mean time I wish many of them would lead the way by example and at the very least prior to them doing so, they need to stop being hypocrites and unplug from the grid.....oh and live in a shack without windows of course. Those yuppies apple products don't run on thin air.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LOL 1911, Right you are!! I think i do remember them, friends who still live down there, talking about the Windmills killing Hawks, Eagles, and stuff...

If i were King, i'd have 10 new Nuclear Power Plants started per year until we could cover 110% of the energy demand in this country.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>LOL 1911, Right you are!! I
>think i do remember them,
>friends who still live down
>there, talking about the Windmills
>killing Hawks, Eagles, and stuff...
>
>
>If i were King, i'd have
>10 new Nuclear Power Plants
>started per year until we
>could cover 110% of the
>energy demand in this country.
>
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Well Uncle sage?

What'ya gonna do when Mother Natures does unto your Nuclear Plants like what happened in Japan a while back?

I've been wondering the last few years how long it'll be before they outlaw the Match/CampFire?

In My own mind I don't believe this Earth will last long enough to worry about a Wind Generator killing a TWEETY Bird!

Bess, i don't think what happened in Japan would now happen here. Build them right, run them right, follow the book, they are fine!!

Early on, i worked at a Nuclear Power plant for a couple years and the guys that ran the control room had caution and respect for their reactor but basically had no fear of it ever getting to the state that Japans unit did. Too many fail safes. I suppose that now, the safeguards are even better but they have a bad rap and nobody wants them in their area.

I think it's a very clean source of mega volume Energy. The place i worked looked like a country club. There was a pond about 200 yard below the reactor that i caught many fine Bass, crappie, and Catfish from on Weekends. The fish were not "hot".
I just think America could do with a TON more newly built Nuclear Power plants and take a lot of our Energy demand off the Fossil fuel reserves back.

I heard those windmills didn't put out all that much energy anyway. Project was gov subsidized, a tax write-off, and inefficient. A lot of those big units were over 30 years old. I wonder who now is going to pay to clean up that mess. Unbelievably huge job!!

Joey

sage' that nuclear has got to your brain, wouldn't happen' here, right, I wonder what the hell you smoke sometimes,,',,.(
(now we know ,it was working a t the nuclear plant. eating the fish,}

0}

The Fukushima disaster exposed an industry in which decades of safety breaches and cover-ups pointed to a major accident just waiting to happen.

China has 25 reactors, India has 21. Not all the world or all it's people are scar-d-cats like you elkun.

Would you rather burn Coal? 40% worlds Electric come from burning high grade(getting costlier) coal: I copied this list off the net.

The combustion of coal is the largest single source of sulfur oxide pollution worldwide.

Carbon dioxide, an unavoidable by-product of coal combustion, causes a warming of the earth which can lead to global climatic changes.

Toxic metals and carcinogenic compounds are released through the combustion of coal.

Coal combustion produces solid wastes such as boiler ash and flyash, and causes water pollution.

Strip-mining produces soil waste problems, acid drainage, unproductive land, and ugly terrain. Soil erosion pollutes streams.

Coal mining causes black lung disease.

100,000 men lost their lives through coal mining in this century; more than 1 million have been permanently disabled.

The sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide wastes released when coal is burned can have serious adverse effects on agriculture. Acid rain is caused by sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide.

Lastly elkun, i never have given two cents what you think and i'm not starting now. :)

Joey

You hear that elkun?

Scar-d-cat!

:D:D:D!

Carry on!

Joey, Over the last few years they have been tearing out and replacing those old windmills on the Altimont with new ones. The blades on the new ones are like a 100ft long....huge. Anyways, those are up and running....They also built another wind farm over in Rio Vista a few years ago as well.

That's all good Hardway if they are efficient. As it is, i don't like seeing them myself. I was thru there twice last Dec, four times really, and though there was a brisk wind, i saw not one windmill spinning and i was curious so looking.

Joey

>That's all good Hardway if they
>are efficient. As it is,
>i don't like seeing them
>myself. I was thru there
>twice last Dec, four times
>really, and though there was
>a brisk wind, i saw
>not one windmill spinning and
>i was curious so looking.
>

Ya....not sure, but the ones I saw they were hauling in the backside from the Byron Hwy. I could also see them from behind the landfill on Vasco Rd. I have'nt really payed attention to the ones along the actual freeway.

sage, its plain to see you do not have 2 cents worth of brains.go to japan and eat some more fish,,,,,

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-13 AT 06:04PM (MST)[p]Don't ya just love it when people go out of their way to be rude and obnoxious when their opinion is different from somebody else?

Hey, you like big holes in the hillsides, Windmills taking over what was once public huntable grounds, or maybe gas wells across more and more land as far as the eye can see? Great! I just happen to believe that we can/have learned from mistakes in the past and can design Nuclear reactors to create Safe, Clean, Renewable, and Stable Priced Energy. I think it's the way to go along, in combination with these other resources. You don't care for my opinion, Fine, no biggie.

Our US Navy seems to like it!

Joey

sage, and we have never had one sink or run in to anything, we have just been dam lucky sage' dam lucky..enough said

I had to jump in on this issue. Sage is on the right path. No matter how u look at it nuclear is a great option. What happened in Japan was a mess. What can we learn from japan. Never put the plants back generators in the basement. The power plant in Japan was fine until the sea water completely submerged the generators. It is a pretty simple fix.

The only way we will be able to meet our energy need in the future is through something as powerful as nuclear fusion. End of story.

Wind farms are a joke only way they can make it is due to government subsidies. They are closing off good hunting grounds for an energy source that blows. For example the Atlantic rim project in wy is going to completely shut off a ton of potential access and the project (expected to cost over 1 billon dollars) will age and fall apart before ever paying for itself. The companies installing are doing it for carbon offsets and as a result destroying 100s of thousands of virtually un touched land.

I also agree that hydroelectric should be developed more. Less than 2percent of damns in this country make power. There are many that may not be right hydro electric but I am willing to bet there are a ton.

Final thought. Many European countries are already running nuclear plants they have got it figured out. We should be doing the same. Like it has been said people have no idea what nuclear plants can do in this country and for this country.

>Wind farms are a joke only
>way they can make it
>is due to government subsidies.
>They are closing off good
>hunting grounds for an energy
>source that blows. For example
>the Atlantic rim project in
>wy is going to completely
>shut off a ton of
>potential access and the project
>(expected to cost over 1
>billon dollars) will age and
>fall apart before ever paying
>for itself. The companies installing
>are doing it for carbon
>offsets and as a result
>destroying 100s of thousands of
>virtually un touched land.
>
>I also agree that hydroelectric should
>be developed more. Less than
>2percent of damns in this
>country make power. There are
>many that may not be
>right hydro electric but I
>am willing to bet there
>are a ton.

So dont touch your hunting areas, but fuggin up a natural river system is ok?

Hey.... I'm for anything that is actually profitable and provides energy but you cant use your argument without being a hypocrite.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom