Can't wait for hunting season...

300Shortmag

For the past 2 years I've been lucky enough to hunt in Wyoming and appreciate the opportunity to visit the beautiful country and meet some of the nicest people I've found.

The drawback of being out in Wyoming is that I know with each day that passes I am a day closer to going home. I really wish my home state had the people and the community feel that I have found in Wyoming.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who's given some advice to me in the past, and thank you to all the residents for making the state such a great place to visit.

The last day of hunting season is like the day after Christmas. You appreciate your experience but know it won't come around for another year.

Sorry for the sentimental post... Just sitting around thinking about hunting.

Hope everyone is doing well...

I completely feel what you are saying. My busiest time for hunting season is always the winter months following the last hunt. Luckily I have some steelhead around to reduce my withdrawals. Because of time commitments I only get out to Wyoming every other year. Made it last year, so for me it is two years out, or 19 months but who is counting. This year I'm planning a Bou hunt on Adak Island. Also my oldest son just moved to Billings and that might help me with Grandma needing to go see her two granddaughters, I might get to squeeze some Montana hunting in this year. That helps with my Wyoming fix.

+1

If i didn't already live in a wonderful place in Calif with my little business all set up,.. Well, there was staying halfway close to the folks to think about too.

Anyway, Wy is a very special place!!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Well said short mag.

I'm Curious. What took you to Wyoming and why do you have to leave?

Zeke

Zeke---He lives in another state and just hunts in Wyoming like a lot of us do. If I wasn't married, I'd move out there in a heartbeat!

Top gun, that makes sense, thanks. I'll have to work on my reading comprehension skills. I was thinking he's been working there for 2 years.

BTW; Ever time I hunt Wonderful Wyoming I feel the same way. Actually, every time I HUNT anywhere I feel the same way! LOL

Zeke

I'll chime in also, this will be my 5th year going back to Wyoming to hunt. And each year I can't wait to get back, I've had nothing but fun times in Wyoming, and really I can't say I've run into anyone there that wasn't decent or flat out great to deal with.

If I could work it out, I would be living in Sheridan or maybe Buffalo tomorrow, oh well someday:)

I couldnt agree with you more. Heading back again too! Would love to see some photo's of your hunt.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom