Can you buy a tag during season????

W

wisconsinfarmer

My father in-law and me are going deer hunting in October and if time permits after were done I would like him to pick up a any Antelope tag for unit 23 or 24 if there are any left. So my question is can you buy a tag during season and use it the same day or the next day or does it have to be bought before season? And does anyone have any experience with the public land in those are's still having Antelope on them at the end of October?

as long as there is extras you can buy them whenever. i bought 4 extra doe tags during hunting season cause they tons of extras.

i dont know how this works for non-residents though. i would think the same but i would call the game and fish for the real deal.

They are available to anyone until they are sold out, even after the season opens and there is no waiting after you buy it. Unit 23 will have a ton of either sex antelope tags all the way through the season. There is quite a bit of public land over on the west side near the Powder River. It's rougher country that most people probably don't consider as prime antelope country, but there's a decent number of them there. You would need a good GPS with a chip showing the land ownership though so you don't trespass.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom