can I get 1 from ya? just 1.

T

tageater

Ok guys, this is kinda tough, but here's the deal-

Ya'll know I work in a hospital, and we have(what the western states) considers a pretty bad ass Cancer unit. At least that's what they tell me.

Anyway...I was up grabbing one of our patients the other day for a radiological exam , and in his room(which he's been confined to for the last 4 months) they are watching a chick flick on the DVD player.

Well I've become acquitainted with this young man( and a few before him) that are hunters and fishermen, yet all the hospital will provide is the damn chick flicks for them to watch.

So I brought this young man my 4 hunting videos that I own, and damn he loved them! Even the family( they all hunt and fish) love them. But 4 video's lasted him a week.

I've asked the Nurse manager, and she's agreed that a SMALL donation (20)- my 4 videos are in there already- would be accepted. (The hospital, and charities involved won't but hunting/ fishing videos).

My question to you is: do you have 1 video that you'd be willing to donate to a hospital library?

I'll pay shipping- and even return shipping if you want it back after a year, or 6 months( just provide an address, and I'll send $)- I just see too many of my fellow "hunters" and fishermen" watching chick flicks when i know they wanna see a hunt on video while they go through treatment.

If you have 1 video , fishing, or hunting,you'd like to donate....let me know.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Wow! Post up the ship to address. You da man Tag.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

What kinda CHICK-FLICK is it?

I might be interested in a Trade!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

I think what happened is:

TAG is getting tired of seeing all the Patients watching his Home Made Movie:

"TAG does all New Interns"!:D

I've got 3-4 I'll send. No shipping $ needed. Get me an address.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Tag post up a address.
Have have some too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Yup, post up an address. I even have one of those 'special' chick flick movies I can add in.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I've got a cool coyote hunting one I would send. How about we make a list so we dont all send the same one?

These are the titles to the ones I've given the unit, and No, My private home movies, starring the nursing staff aren't on the list- I could get top dollar for those, I wouldn't just GIVE them away!

Bearsears Productions: Bucks Unlimited

The Truth 2 BowHunting

Mossback, Mulies Gone Wild 2

Realtree, Monster Bucks XIII vol 2

I'll get a Physical Address for you in an hour-

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

So TAG?

You won't trade me "NAUGHTY Nurses XXXIII with TAGMUNCHER" for one of my "Expiditions on an LE Unit"?

Eastmans "Backcountry Bulls", "High and Low in Mule Deer Country" and Crooked Horn Outfitters "Tagging the West" will be in the mail monday.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

You guys are great!

I know that this will help some of our guys through some of their toughest times.

I only wish I could offer more than Karma points in return!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

My library is coming your way. Hope they enjoy. Thanks for helping them out.I will post list later.
Mike

Its not about me, I'm just the goon with an address for the "real" good guys of this whole thing, you guys!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

I'm sure anything new for them would be appreciated.

I can't imagine calling a hospital "home" for up to 6 months, only being able to leave your room, dressed in an isolation gown, and mask, to walk laps around the unit.

And the other 20 hours a day are spent in your room. How many times can you watch the same damn things on tv?

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

I have 1 hunting video and several War and old John Wayne flicks etc etc if ya want them.

Tag you are a wonderful person to be doing this for them, Kudos to you Buddy !!!

Tag,

Mossback is sending you every title they have so you should be covered on the mossback titles.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

HOLY, Generous!!!

I need to tell them to make more room on the movie shelf!

I'm speachless....

Thanks- from me, and our patients.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Coming your way.
DVD
Larry the Cable Guy.
Eastmans Bowhunting Vol.3
Real Tree Road Trips season 1
The Truth Bow Hunting
Eastmans TV 2003/2004
Monster Bucks XI Vol.1
Monster Bucks X Vol. 1
Monster bucks X Vol.2

Can you take VHS? Many more coming if you can.

h20fwlr- the patients only have DVD players in their rooms.

And your donation of those DVD's is more than enough, thank you!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

TAG!

This is a damn Sneaky way to enhance your own DVD Collection!

No a bad idea though!:D

B Bop- I thought about that, but I'll assure anyone that donates, I won't have access to these DVD's and that's why I also gave the address directly to their Nurse Manager.

But I may take a little more time in a patients room if they are watching one. :)

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

RAZZIN Ya TAG!:D

Do you have a VHS player accessible?? I have some VHS tapes also. Would you be interested in them? If you do not have one I am willing to pick one up at wal-mart and send it that way. I know everyone has some hunting VHS's sitting around. Or would toting around a VHS player to the rooms too much of a hassle?

I know you was Razzin, Bop! That's how I took it anyway.

As for the VHS, I asked the charge nurse tonight, and they really don't want them...eh, I know...but thanks for the thoughts Cjboz!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Boxing up the DVD's as we speak... but I gotta ask... have you done "Barb Adams" yet?

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

I just re read your original post. You stated that the nurse would only accept twenty minus your four. Do you have enough? Mine are boxed up and addressed but I will wait to send until you say you can accept more.

I originally said 20 to Barb thinking that would be a stretch to get to.

I've already sent her an e-mail explaining that us hunters don't count so well, and to expect a few more than that.

If you're still willing to send them, they will be watched!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

NO.

The "Good On" is for ya'll-

But because this isn't about ME, I would remind all ya'll that there are other Cancer Centers near your homes- they all have patients that may want to see these videos-

I'm sure the patients at my hospital are gonna be good for a LONG time...

If my request was for anything, it was, yes for my patients, but also to draw awareness that there is a group of folks- all across this land, that are stuck in their rooms for months at a time.

I see too many houses re-mortgagaed, and lost, husbands wives and grandparents lost to this crap ass disease- the hospitals don't buy the dvd's.

so I thought I'd see if a few of you had a few DVD's laying around- I got the GOLDEN version of that.

But I ask for NO more- but look at other facilities that have this kind of cancer care- don't ask if they accept donated movies. Just send them....ok, ask first, wouldn't want you wasting a good dvd!

Thank you ALL! Thank you from my teary eye.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Shoot me the address, I got a Dall Sheep hunting video that I have collecting dust. No shipping reimbursement requested.
WVBOWAK

Tag...You are the man! That big grumpy exterior is all show huh! haha

If you still need some more I have a few that I have watched 100 times that I will send up. Just let me know!

The library is on the way. Glad you could handle all the DVD's. My wife will put them in the mail monday.I boxed them up before I left and told her to wait until I was sure you could accept more.I have been away from home guiding on the Klamath River the past couple of weeks.
Hope they enjoy them.
Mike
www.valleyguideservice.com

Well woodruff!

We best not send them any footage with the ole cat in action!:D

Can You Imagine the MM'ers reactions?

I'd be in MM Jail in 5.2!:D

For "GOSH" Sakes,We got "TARDS" on this Site that can't handle a Damn,I Mean DANG thing,maybe MM should add a Church/Biblical Forum for the MM'ers that can't handle the Hunting Forums?
Pfffffffffff............!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom