Can Cabela's ship me a gun?

DonVathome

Very Active Member
Any way to get Cabelas to ship a gun to me? Maybe to my local gun store? It is a 2 hours drive (one way) to the nearest Cabelas and I want to get a gun with my Cabelas bucks but do not want to make the drive so I am trying to find a way to get it shipped.

They say no but there are always ways.

Thanks

I highly doubt it but you never know unless you ask. Let us know the answer when you find out.

They will only ship it to another Cabelas store and it will cost you the shipping charges.

The only way a gun can be shipped to an individual is if it's already his gun and on the return trip from an FFL dealer... like returning from a repair.

A dealer can send to another dealer and you can register it at your local dealer. BUT, I have no idea if Cabelas will do that or not.

Hey, at least I think I'm right.
Zeke

Yep, they would have to ship it to a licensed FFL dealer for you to pick it up there and their policy is to only ship to another Cabelas store. You'll either have to make the drive to that store if it's the closest to you or scrap your plan.

He is aware of shipping to an ffl otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned to his "local gun store".

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-14 AT 06:12PM (MST)[p]Why not just call Cabela's....

Kinda over your head to come up with that logic-----no doubt

Robb

>Why not just call Cabela's....
>
>Kinda over your head to come
>up with that logic-----no doubt
>
>
>
>Robb

Robb---You must have missed the fact that the OP said he did what you stated and Cabelas said NO!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-14 AT 05:52PM (MST)[p]>Unless if it is a muzzleloader
>they can ship that to
>you

Correct.I had TC Omega shipped to CA by Cabellas.
Never tried anything else besides powder,ammo,etc.
Maybe it's changed, that was '07....

Will they let you use your points on firearms?

Last time I asked, they told me I couldn't use them on firearms.

I'm surprised they told you that. I have purchased a couple of firearms with Cabela's points. My impression is that you can buy anything they sell with points.

On another note they will get you firearms from another Cabelas store if they don't have the one you want and another store does. I have done that and I didn't pay any additional shipping.

Good question about points I need to double check that. Also I was able to order a gun before - no cost, over the phone to be shipped to a cabelas with just a phone call.

Also Robb I have learned many times when asking a question that is out of the ordinary I tend to get different answers when I ask different people. You would be AMAZED and what businesses will do when you act confident and are firm. I have called 2 different stores already - I am way ahead of you!

I have had dozens of businesses tell me no CC over the phone and I insist and explain if I showed up in person to buy everything for all my projects it would be a full time job. 90% of the time they make an exception for me.

I know is out of your league but I accomplish it all the time. It is called thinking outside the box.

Also side question I can ship a gun to myself? I have heard guys going out west doing this - you just have to be the one who picks it up?

Perfectly legal to ship yourself a rifle ahead of a future hunt. No need or requirement to pick it up yourself. There is no length of time specified for when that hunt needs to happen. I shipped a rifle to myself, care of a guy in Texas a few years ago. Still haven't made it down there.....

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-14 AT 08:35PM (MST)[p]

Ship to:
WapitiBob
C/O some Texan
123 any street
some town, Texas

The "caveat" is that the other guy can't open the pkg and take position.

I got the same 348 pages of nonsense everybody gets when they ask about shipping a gun. I goggled it, got the info I needed, found the different restrictions by carrier, and shipped it ahead of my hunt.

Thanks Bob, good to know! Amazing how many speculate. What is even more amazing is asking about getting it on a plane. 99% do not understand the real reg's and more importantly - rules mean nothing - because the airline employee checking you in almost never knows the reg's, and no matter how nice you are, pointing out there errors tends to make things worse, not better!

Bob I just left you a message to. Who did you use to ship your guns? Did you ship ammo and if yes same package? I am still vague about the address to send it to - do you pick the address of the local office you are using to mail it? For example if you use the US post office, do you list your name and the local post office address? Does it need to be locked?

THANKS!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom