Camping

S

squrl

How many days in a row can you leave a trailer on forest ground without moving it. how far do you have to move it

I beleive it's 16 days. It's not really clear on how far you have to move it to start another 16 day camp limit but I have never had a problem staying longer before. Last year I spent 58 days in my camper on the books and the dwr never said anything to me. I think that rule is in place to regulate people who are living out of camp trailers to avoid taxes.

-KILLSHOT Productions Guides & Outfitters-
227killshot.jpg

Yes it is 16 days then you have to move at least 5 miles away, you have to stay the first night after establishing a campsite and then the site can not be vacant for more then 24hrs at a time during the 16 days!

Thats the rule, they however dont really inforce it much in most places and if you move at all even if its not 5 miles they gernerally dont say anything.

A DWR officer told us on the Dutton that it is 16 days, then you have to leave and go at least 2 miles and your trailer can't be vacant more than 48 hours. He carried a clipboard that had a description and date/time of each camp trailer to keep track. And yes, he was writing tickets.

I think thats Forest service rules/law....the Books might be BLM>>>but maybe they have the same rules....

Depends on where you are....the forests in AZ it is a 14 day limit then you have to be out of that particular forest for 14 days before you can set up again. I don't think its enforced very often during hunting season, but I have seen it enforced almost every spring.

Probably depends on where you are, and when. If there aren't a lot of people, or a very crowded place you generally are left alone. If you are where it is crowded and popular it only makes sense that you can't set up camp for the fall. We hunt the same place every year, a lot of the trailers set up for the bow hunt and we take them off after the muzzleloader. Never had any problems but we don't camp in a spot that is very popular so their isn't demand for the spots. Gotta love the clip board cop though. I doubt there is any poaching on the Dutton to watch for. Doubt there is any thefts. Better crack down on those campers though, 17 days in one spot and your on Americas Most Wanted!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom