Camping/Scouting Problems

Robiland

Very Active Member
So, a group of us went out for the weekend for some camping and scouting for deer and elk on North Skyline drive. We show up and there is an EMPTY camp trailer Friday afternoon parked in a rather LARGE area. 1 week before the holiday weekend (4th of JULY) people (Locals) go drop off their trailers to "claim there spot."

It could and has been divided into 2 seperate camp areas with PLENTY of room for to seperate groups. We have camped in this area several times over the years. We get all set up and later, the other guy shows up and starts "Mother F'n this and F'n that. You city folk don't get it, This is our area, You city folk go camp somewhere else."

After a short talk trying to expain ourselves that we saw an empty trailer over 100 yards away or further, we thought that they were claiming a spot for the holidays, we thought it was fine. He proceded to talk (swear and try to talk English/jibber) that he's from Fairview and that they own this area and that the #@$%#@ city folk need to stay up North. Oh, and he was sporting his MDF shirt and hat with an open container of Beer as he was driving.

Kind of a bad way to get the weekend started for us, but it was slowwith the FULL MOON. We saw a few cow elk and 3 nice bucks, and many does and fawns.

Don't you know everybody owns a chunk of Public ground?}>}>}>
Seen that before.
Perty bad when you gotta pull your trailer up a week/month prior just to get 'your' spot ain't it?
I've seen JOKERS like that before!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

It'd be fun to be a pain in his behind, and stick around just to tick him off even more. Then again .... do you wanna have a battle, or peace and quiet? So .... whaddaya gonna do?

>It'd be fun to be a
>pain in his behind, and
>stick around just to tick
>him off even more.
>Then again .... do you
>wanna have a battle, or
>peace and quiet? So
>.... whaddaya gonna do?

Whaddaya gonna do? If he's that big a prick as it sounds sneaking in at 0300 hours and letting the air out of his tires sounds like a viable option. Preferably after you have moved your camp.:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom