Camping on Public Ground near Kaycee

• Thread starter dreaminbouthuntin
  • Start date
D

dreaminbouthuntin

Hey there hunters. Looking for some local knowledge on a possible Tent camp place near Kaycee unit 21 on public land. Were coming up for Antelope in October.I have exhausted the internet, topo maps, BLM maps, f&g, ect..I'm about 9 hours from the area and hoping to scout soon.
I'm attempting to keep a perspective for the future after the call my best friends 5 yr old granddaughter drown in the Conneticute river on the 4th and we lost a good critter the next day.
any info on the area or a camping spot would help a lot. Its been difficult to focus on this hunt, but its helping take my mind off the terrible things that happened over the holiday.
I hope you all made it through safely and your animals as well. Take care.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-13 AT 03:52PM (MST)[p]Condolences to you and your friends! As far as camping out in unit 21, the bulk of the public land you'll have access to is along the southern/southeastern boundary along CRs 110, 113, and 115. Just pick any spot that suits you there off the road right of ways and you're good to go.

There is a KOA type campground in Kaycee, you might be able to pitch a tent in there.
Go to www.google.com and type in camping in Kaycee, WY don't remember the name off hand but it is there on the n/w side of town and close to freeway.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Topgun is spot on with his information. This is where we camped when we hunted 21 as well. Plenty of spaces to camp right in the hunting area.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom