Camping on National Forest

L

lucobb

What are the rules on camping. I am new to hunting wyoming. I just didnt know if you could pull off a road and camp or if there are certain spots you have to camp.

Usually in a Nat Forest campground that is all ready set up, the last time we used one it states 14 days ONLY. If there is an established site or where someone has camped before you should be ok....just don't go and make your OWN new camp site and start cutting wood unless it is already old down trees etc.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

and after you camp for 14 days and if you want to keep camping i think you have to move at least 2 miles away from your last camp. its been years since i have seen the rules on camping out in the forest.

I agree with Piper regarding the prohibition of camping on State Land but isn't dispersed camping (i.e. camping in undeveloped campsites) permitted in the NF?

My WY Bridger-Teton NF map states "Direct ingress and egress is permitted to temporary campsites, firewood gathering, or game retrieval within 300 feet of designated routes, provided that the ground is dry or rock, no vegetation is damaged or destroyed, and, no streams or meadows or crossed".

This excerpt is actually printed in a part of the map that contains BLM, but it was my interpretation that this is referring to the B-T NF and not the BLM as it is a NF map and not a BLM map.

Horniac

Thta's pretty much the case in the BigHorns too. Just make sure you obey all the road closures, etc. and you will be fine. Good luck on your hunt!

Came across a letter I received back in 2009 after I drew Antelope tag in NEVADA. Stated that camping on NF is 14 days only and after that you need to move, 20 MILES, to set up a new camp spot.
So not all states have the same rules.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom