camping in unit 75

L

ljmelea

Howdy,My wife and I drew antelope tags for unit 75.We are both in our 60's and love to hunt antelope.We would like to camp out in the area.We could use any info on places worth looking at for a camp.We also plan to go a little later in the season.Does this seem like good plan.If anyone needs info on hunt areas in Idaho,I've hunted most of the state since 1964 and may be able to help you out too.Ido plan to buy the x-map chip for my gps.thanks, Larry

If you want to camp in a campground, the only two I know of in the area are Boysen State Park near the Reservoir off of Hwy 20 (Phone 307-876-2796)to the west side of unit 75. It has a number of campgrounds totaling 280 sites and water is only on on until the middle of September. The other is Hawk Springs State Recreation Area off of Hwy 20/26 off to the south of unit 75 (Phone 307-836-2334). It has water until 10/1 with 24 sites and restrooms. Other than that you can camp on any of the BLM throughout the unit, which is out in the boonies and the only services near it are in Shoshoni. In any event, you'll want a good 4 wheel drive vehicle with chains for all 4 wheels because it doesn't take much moisture to make the limited roads in the unit turn to snot!

thanks for info,I;m told later in the season is best for hunting this unit?I'll have chains all around and probably bring four wheeler.thanks Larry

>thanks for info,I;m told later in
>the season is best for
>hunting this unit?I'll have chains
>all around and probably bring
>four wheeler.thanks Larry

***It's about like any other unit in that if you don't want a lot of company it's best to skip the first 4 or 5 days of the season. You can probably get out there the last few days of September on into the first week of October and be okay as afr as people and the weather. Just make sure and have plenty of water, gas, and other necessities with you unless you plan to do a lot of extra driving into town every day or two because it's a big unit with nothing much near it besides Shoshoni.

Sounds good.I plan to drive over and scout before the season as it's only 450 miles from the house.Nice to know the lay of the land.thanks, Larry

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom