camper shell ?

B

boe1

What is the best way to secure a shell to my truck, clamps or bolts? If bolts, what size?
thanks

I have used both and there both good. I like the clamps because there easier to take off and you dont have to drill any holes.
My 2 cents....

Go to a place that sells campers and buy the clamps, they work good and no hole drilling in bed rail.

Brian

hands down clamps...easy to take off,put on etc. gives you a place to hook a bungee or rope to if needed...no holes drilled in your truck

i sell toppers and clamps are the way to go, but there is specific clamps made for certain applications. what type of truck do you have?
i have put a few toppers on where you clamp them on and when you have everything lined up perfect, you drill a hole towards the back on each side and use a bolt for a pilot hole. then when you take it off and are in a hurry to put it back on, you just set the top on, line up and put the bolts through and tighten up the clamps and go.
one other thing is tape, use the kind with the paper backing. stick it on the top and pull the paper off. it is easier to screw the tape up if you slide the top putting it on, but once you clamp it down they don't slide around. ce61

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom