Camp trailers?

justr_86

Long Time Member
I'm looking into buying a bumper pull camp trailer. I want 26 ft and smaller so I can get around easier with it and not stuck in designated campgrounds. What are pros and cons on the different models and setups? What features should I not be willing to give up? I need it to sleep atleast 4 comfortably.

Any input will be greatly appreciated. If anyone has one for sale please let me know.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

i posted this Fleetwood "Pedaler" in the MM Classifies yesterday and for some reason it got yanked. Its not 26 feet but it might work for you. It sleeps 4 very uncomfortably and is very quick downhill. I'd be willing to throw in a set of chains if you are interested.

Felenomobile.jpg

If I had my choice for a hunting trailer I'd get one in the 19-21' range!
I had one & decided to get a bigger trailer,problem is you just can't pull the bigger trailers wherever you decide to.
I'd get one that is self contained,that has a DAMN good Furnace and be willing to put some pinstripes on it.
Good Luck!

Hey feleno I am interested in that for my wife! the tire chains you mentioned are they good mud and snow chains or are they cheapos? NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Ya think he'd be smart enough to not post something like that from my computer, and then leave it open...............................NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

We have a 28' Nomad 5th wheel with a slide on both sides . Sleeps 6 comfortably . We have another one on order but just one slide and has 2 bunkbeds in the back. This one will sleep 8 comfortably. 5th wheel trailers turn a little sharper and are easier to back up, plus it feels like you are pulling a trailer thats 6' shorter. We are selling our 1st trailer and getting the new one for more sleeping space. You may want to consider extra space in the future. 2001 Nomad 255 asking $8000.00
Good luck finding what you want.

i agree with b bop make sure it has a furnace and self contained sure makes those cold mornings on the mountains much more enjoyable.
think about getting one of those quiet honda generators tooo very quiet and the 2000 watt runs most stuff great in the trailers. spendy but worth it

I have an '07 22FB toyhauler.

It has two queen beds that lift up and away if I want to put my Sportsman 6x6 in there.

It has a great FB--front bathroom that the wife will love, a built in 24" TV with DVD, built in 5500 watt generator and a heater to die for.....

I tow it with a regular cab F350/V10 and I am very content...

Not to big for getting around driving but not to small to be comfortable and the interest is tax deductible......

Robb

I have a 20 footer that sleeps 6 comfortably. I am happy that I didn't go bigger because I can get it places I probably shouldn't be. The bigger the trailer the more time you will want to spend in it. I feel like I am wasting daylight if I do more than sleep and S@#t in mine. Make sure you get the RVQ set up with it or install it yourself. It is nice to hook up the camp chef or grill without needing to lug around an extra bottle of propane.

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat?"
~Ted Nugent

My truck is lifted so the fifth wheel is out....

I think I'm down to, it HAS to have a queen bed and room I can close the door so my wife can have some privacy. I would like a slideout. And the bunk beds in the back would be perfect. Plumbing a propane line outside is a great idea. The tv stuff isn't a huge deal, we are camping who has time to watch tv?

I have been watching ksl really close but I live far enough away I don't want to jump in the truck and drive to the city everytime an interesting one comes along. The ones I'm interested in go way fast. I don't have any atv's so the toy hauler idea doesn't work.

Thanks for your input, more would be great!

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

TV with DVD is great for when the weather is bad and the kids are restless and want to watch a movie or something like that.

Robb

Do a axle flip on the trailer to raise it up about 6". We do them all the time at the shop I own.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-10 AT 10:29PM (MST)[p]1- Read Robb and Bpops post
"If I had my choice for a hunting trailer I'd get one in the 19-21' range!
I had one & decided to get a bigger trailer,problem is you just can't pull the bigger trailers wherever you decide to"

2- Buy a Toy Hauler

3- Get a built in generator

I bought an 08 Desert Fox 21' last year and love it. I have the double beds that raise and lower. Sleeps the family of 5 just fine. I used it 30 days last year. No regrets whatsoever...

Nice thing about the smaller trailor is that you can access more hunting camps..

Sweet set-up woodruff!

I think it is always best to go a little more $$$ on the front end than to skimp and end up with a trlr that has very little trade-in or resale value on the back end when guy wants to get a new one in 5 years.

Some of the extra features I hardly ever use like the pressurized outside quad spray off hose or the microwave/convection oven and they came with the sale package pricing...

Atleast the 'just.....' is shopping around and asking real good questions/opinions.

Robb

I know someone who is selling a real nice one in Roosevelt. He is going to trade it in on a 5th wheel (his wifes idea not his :) ) I will pm you his number

"Sweet set-up woodruff!
I think it is always best to go a little more $$$ on the front end than to skimp and end up with a trlr that has very little trade-in or resale value on the back end when guy wants to get a new one in 5 years.

Some of the extra features I hardly ever use like the pressurized outside quad spray off hose or the microwave/convection oven and they came with the sale package pricing...

Atleast the 'just.....' is shopping around and asking real good questions/opinions.

Robb"

You are one of the reasons I went that route (after you showed me your setup). If I was retired and just traveled around and didn't hunt much, I would go 5th wheel.

I used to have a 26 or 27 foot bumper pull. It was nice but a much bigger pain to pull in the hills and harder to access camping spots.

In the past, I tried buying an older trailer and just got sick and tired of it breaking down; maybe it was just my luck???

It was hard to finally decide to drop that much $$$ on a trailor. But, its been a good time taking the family an kids in it. It also did great on our Nebo elk hunt.

It's tricky to get your eyes on them but I good friend told his son has purchased two trailers from www.crankyape.com on-line liquidation site. Both were in good shape and he thinks the price he paid was worth driving from Alberta to Arizona to pick them up.

May be worth a look???

DC

I have a 16 footer that was axle swapped been in my family since brand new...i would advise against a axle swap its great for taking on the roads with bad ruts and everything but it is so unstable when there is a wind it shakes...if i added another axle it might be better but i paid 400 for the trailer its a hunting trailer that is it..

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

I just bought a 19' and love it. Sleeps 3 easily plus one kid or small adult and has enough floor space to plop a cot down too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom