Camp trailer

Long Time Member
So the good deals out there on travel trailers has given me the bug to want to buy one. Any suggestions on what to look for and what to avoid? Anyone want to talk some good sense into me amd talk me out of it altogether?...before it is too late...
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I had a 19' Self Contained tandem axle Trailer I wish I still had!

Wasn't big enough for the whole Family but I could beat & pull it anywhere!

Fifth Wheels are nice but you just can't get em in to Places I wanna go!

I think Red wants about a 38-40 footer!:D

Stayed in a Tee-Pee last PISSCUTTER Season,T'wasn't bad!

If you are considering buying Used 1911,make sure the Refrigerator is working,they are famous for going out & kinda Spendy!

There goes your next 2 Paychecks!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

We have a tent trailer that folds out to 22 feet and love it. Easy to pull, easy to store, and has air conditioning. It's a 1996 Coleman we spend two weeks every year at Lake Chelan and it works great. Don't ever try to justify buying a trailer because most of the time they just sit next to your house empty it's something you gotta love to appreciate. Good luck.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I can't remember if he sold it or not but I think AWLB had one for sale not long ago...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

In today's economy, unless you're much better off than at least some of us, I would advise keeping an eye on the want ads, (ksl, etc.) With a lot of people hurting, they are getting rid of some of their toys. There are many trailers for sale that are just like brand new, but have a price tag half or even more than that, of what a new one would cost. Just be patient. There are some amazing deals waiting for you.

deffinatly depends on your price range. slide outs add so much room to the inside of your trailor.
last year i bought a 29 5th wheel, with the super slideout, off craigs list for $6000. when i went to look at it, it looked brand new.
i'll never forget- my family was looking at it and loved it. this well off couple had it. they lady was showing me the bathroom and says" this shower has never been used" the husband walked in and says " in fact , this toilet has never even been DEFFICATED in" we agreed to buy it. as i was giving them the cash my daughter comes in and says" daddy , i have to poop, can i use are new bathroom"? i didn't even try to talk them down,

just be patient

Their good for making meth too. You can convert them to a mobile mth lab, park tham in the desert or deep in the wuds whuere they kan't be seen from the rode and cook up some sweet ice.

How in the world do you hunt hard, in the back-country without a good little trailer as your base camp?
I've had the same little trailer for 35+ years and have enjoyed the devil out of it. The thing looks like crap but has a great heater, stove and oven. It even has an "ice box". Yup, it's older than most of you guys! LOL
These things come in all sizes and shapes though. I have no need for a motel on wheels that can't get dragged up and down all the rough roads. If I wanted to stay in town I'd just get a motel room.
If you want a big family trailer then go for one big enough to meet your needs. Just don't call it a hunting trailer.
Come to think of it, I would like a big camping type too.
You have received good advice from others on here about looking and buying one.
Good luck in your quest! Go for it!
Zeke

Quote from B-Bop:

"Wasn't big enough for the whole Family but I could beat & pull it anywhere!"

Jeezus B-Bop, What does this have to do with trailers?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Last summer I bought a 28ft bunkhouse from a guy that was getting divorced and would rather give it away than let her have it! It was bigger than I was looking for but couldn't pass up the deal, its been a great investment! We pretty much live in it during the summer on my days off! My kids love the bunks. Its 31ft tongue to bumper but actually pulls great. I don't regret getting it.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

.....but I could beat & pull it anywhere!
>
>...

Hmm...You running for Congress?

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Alright Smart-asses! (Snort & feddoc!)

Read My signature!

We got kids on this Site!:D

Holy smokes 119,000 smackers . That is one spendy trailer . That bad boy cost more than my last house , but then again it looks a lot nicer than that house . LOL

We always wanted to UPsize to a big long 5th wheeler but it was hard enoungh getting in to some area's with our 24ft'r...

Over the years we have actually gone to nothing longer than a 22ft'r...

So now we have a 22ft Toyhauler.
Not so much for hauling a quad (available if we need to) but they just are more roomy and come with the 2 queen beds that rail run up or down for use or storage, built in generator, TV/DVD, and you get the drift...

The Mrs loves the front end bathroom as it is roomy and ya know the girls with closet needs and bathroom size....

Plus we go on a 5 year note as it is nice to use the tax deduction benefit as no kids----we have very few tax deductions---and we can get a new one every 5th-6th year...

If ya lived a lil' farther 'north' you two could swing by and see what we like the most as a traveling couple.

Robb

PS it tow's great behind our '10 F350/V-10.

PleaseDear!

Knowing You I thought You'd Buy a Trailer that had only 1 Bed that gives Ms PleaseDear 'No Choice'!

But I can Plainly see She does have the Choice!:D

I like to tent camp from time to time. I even still do a fair amount of backpack hunting even at my "mature" status.
Sometimes it's just nice to pull into elk camp, turn the truck key off, turn on the trailer propane and go to bed..... instead of spending 2 hours setting camp in the dark, rain, wind, etc.
Zeke

My family and I started out tenting it then moved on to a tent trailer. We loved that thing but when the twins came it was time to upgrade. We went to the RV show just to look but ended up getting sucked in and came home with a 29' Nomad with a super slide. When we were first looking at it, it was hard to really see how big it was since it was tucked in between other trailers. It wasn't until I hooked it up and pulled out that I realized I might have made a mistake. With that said, we absolutely love it. Yeah its big but for now it'll do just fine.

Here is a pic of our set up in the parking lot of Goblin Valley in April of '10. Most trips would also show us with two sportsmans straped to the top of the truck bed. Don't try that without airbags!! :)

Happy camping!!!

>My family and I started out
>tenting it then moved on
>to a tent trailer.
>We loved that thing but
>when the twins came it
>was time to upgrade.
>We went to the RV
>show just to look but
>ended up getting sucked in
>and came home with a
>29' Nomad with a super
>slide. When we were
>first looking at it, it
>was hard to really see
>how big it was since
>it was tucked in between
>other trailers. It wasn't
>until I hooked it up
>and pulled out that I
>realized I might have made
>a mistake. With that
>said, we absolutely love it.
> Yeah its big but
>for now it'll do just
>fine.
>
>Here is a pic of our
>set up in the parking
>lot of Goblin Valley in
>April of '10. Most
>trips would also show us
>with two sportsmans straped to
>the top of the truck
>bed. Don't try that
>without airbags!! :)
>
>Happy camping!!!

758kylie_053.jpg

Well this is my trailer and it hauls all my toys around. I have yet to take it on a hunting trip. I use my wall tent for hunting....It's a little hard to find a place to park in the mountains...

5213raptor_12.jpg

6157raptor_19.jpg

1598raptor_15.jpg

3962raptor_16.jpg

5561raptor_21.jpg

I'm surprised that many of those who camp in tents around Bear country are are still in the gene pool. Trailer-camper, the only way to go, IMO, unless you must set up in the back country.

Joey

Joey, We have had a few tents, and one camper destroyed by bears up here...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Snort, i hear you! We too have more than our share of "incidents" where bears come in and destroy camps while the vacationers flee in panic. Then there's Grizz country! If a bear is intent on getting into where i or my family is sleeping, I'll take being in a camper or trailer over a tent every time. No?

Yeah, a big ol Bear may be able to work his way in eventually but by then, he'll not be able to hold water and won't be feeling so good! :) When i'm sleeping, it's time out. The last nightmare thing i want to worry about is something tearing thru the sheet like material i'm inside called a "tent".

I mean, i've done it, i'd probably do it again, but i sure do like my camper!

Joey

Yeah I hear ya... I would definately sleep better in grizz country with a layer or two of tin between me and the bears... To be honest I would prolly still be nervous...lol

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

Sorry for the hi-jack but one more thing. Few years ago, my Pard and i got dropped off in the high country region H. About one week into our three week hunt, Wolves, after midnight, came in within 100 yards of our tent camp and set to howling. Now, they aren't supposed to bother people too much, but if you ever heard them up close, well, they sure as hell bothered me. As game gets harder and harder to find, i'm thinking them wolves might also be a consideration when picking out what to sleep inside while camping.

Day light, no problem! come on you MF'ers!
Night time, i just don't want to be messed with...just sayin.

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom