Cambridge/Council motels - or - running a CPAP in camp?

I

ID_Paul

My dad is going deer hunting with me this year. He has to use a CPAP machine, so I'm starting to think about how to accommodate that for hunting.

We'll probably be in 32A, so I'm thinking of getting a motel room for us in either Cambridge or Council. Can anyone give any recommendations or warnings for rooms in either town?

Alternatively, do any of you use CPAP with a battery + inverter? Any tips would be appreciated. I'd prefer a real camp over a motel room.

Thanks.
Paul

My dad also uses one and has been able to plug into the lighter and run it off the truck battery. You want to be careful of course not to kill the battery. Where we go we have been able to get his small motorhome up the canyon far enough to use it as our camper.

Good luck and happy hunting!

buy an inverter at walmart for $20.00. plug the cpap into the inverter. Then get a 12 volt battery and get a device with postive and negative clamps that attach to the terminals on the battery with a cigarette lighter on the other end that then goes into the inverter. you can buy the clamps with the lighter on the end at any auto parts store. Then you have to make sure to charge the battery about every two days. then you don't have to sleep with the generator at night.

the only hotel i know of in cambridge is the one by the buckeys restaurant, and i believe it is out of business....not sure about council...

The motel in Cambridge is still open. I was by there the other day and they have had only 1 grouch stay there this year per their billboard. If I can remember the name of it I will post it.

The Frontier Motel in Cambridge is a great place to stay. I have stayed there a few times during turkey season. The new wing has pretty good sized rooms. Be careful and try not to become grouch #2. Bucky Cafe is just a few blocks away. If you are hunting 32a, you might take a look at Cougar Mnt. Lodge in Smith's Ferry. You would be a lot closer to your unit. Have a great time hunting with your dad.

another option for ya ...there are alot more hotel/motels in Cascade & u can acess 32A by going across the south end of the lake not too bad a drive & I would bet closer than Cambridge. Council has maybe 2 motels at best Cambridge has 1 .Also keep in mind u will be competing with other hunters for those few available rooms !!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom