Calling cougars

M

matt4695

Has anyone had any luck calling in cougars with a fawn or rabbit call. I cut some fresh tracks by Grimes creek, I don't have dogs, but would love to harvest one. It seems like it would be a good idea to have two people, two sets of eye's are better than one. The second person could help pick the cat up while it is coming in down wind. I know some guys have had some luck doing this out in the Owhyee's.

i tried it at a place where i have seen a cat a few times but i ran into so other archery hunters so i just backed out (during deer season) but i heard it works im willing to give it a try just let me know

It works. You need to give them at least 45 mins before you call it quits though. They move towards you very slow and at a calculated pace.A good friend of mine called one in up around Council that had been collared near La Grande Oregon.

Thanks,, is there a certain call that works better. I figured that a fawn call would work the best, since their primary food is deer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom