California Lions

Yes, California should reconsider hunting lions for sure. They're going to see a lot more attacks in the future. Funny how the article totally downplays it like this type of thing should never happen and how shocked they were that it happened. Was obviously written by a biased person out of Cali.

That's the second worst wildlife management decision in history.
And should be over turned for sure .. But wont.

The very worst management decision EVER ,, turning wolves lose.
IMHO.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

>That's the second worst wildlife management
>decision in history.
>And should be over turned for
>sure .. But wont.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a wildlife management decision.....it was a ballot initiative that passed.....from most of the liberals and anti's that reside in the City of Los Angeles and San Francisco..which make up most of the vote throughout the state. To reverse the decision (by ballot) would take more than a two-thirds vote, which will never happen.

BOHNTR )))---------->

"Of those 17 attacks, 14 have been in the past 25 years, during the era of Proposition 117. The measure classified the mountain lion as a protected species, even though its population is not threatened or at risk."

Go Figure! And to top it off they are tryin to figure out where the deer are going.

And now a anti bear/bobcat hunting bill (with dogs) is almost passed and done with.. SB1221.. The deer are in real trouble in CA.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-12 AT 02:51PM (MST)[p]lol Idiots! remember the natural balance BS they claim.... why is it that campers are being eaten? because the deer are dwindled and the cats need food. whos next.... you!

My lil brother is a sheriff's deputy.
He got a call last week from a resident in rural northern Napa County Callifornia.
It's a warm summer's evening and this guy has his sliding glass door open with the screen door closed, letting the cool air pour in.
At about 10 PM this guy was sitting in his easy chair watching TV.
He glances over his shoulder and notices his cat jumping up at the moths accumulating on the screen door that are attracted to the light in his living room, he finds this pretty entertaining.

All of a sudden.......KABOOM!

OUT OF NOWHERE A FULL SIZED MOUNTAIN LION TEARS THROUGH THE SCREEN DOOR, FLIES THROUGH HIS LIVING ROOM. GRABS HIS CAT AND DOES A 180 WITH THE CAT HANGING OUT OF HIS MOUTH..

He told my bro that he shart his pants right then and there.

My brother asked him if he had a gun, he said "no".
My bro said "get one"

That's some story right there, I don't care who you are.

>My lil brother is a sheriff's
>deputy.
>He got a call last week
>from a resident in rural
>northern Napa County Callifornia.
>It's a warm summer's evening and
>this guy has his sliding
>glass door open with the
>screen door closed, letting the
>cool air pour in.
>At about 10 PM this guy
>was sitting in his easy
>chair watching TV.
>He glances over his shoulder and
>notices his cat jumping up
>at the moths accumulating on
>the screen door that are
>attracted to the light in
>his living room, he finds
>this pretty entertaining.
>
>All of a sudden.......KABOOM!
>
>OUT OF NOWHERE A FULL SIZED
>MOUNTAIN LION TEARS THROUGH THE
>SCREEN DOOR, FLIES THROUGH HIS
>LIVING ROOM. GRABS HIS CAT
>AND DOES A 180 WITH
>THE CAT HANGING OUT OF
>HIS MOUTH..
>
>He told my bro that he
>shart his pants right then
>and there.
>
>My brother asked him if he
>had a gun, he said
>"no".
>My bro said "get one"
>
>
>That's some story right there, I
>don't care who you are.
>

hahahahahaha geez

That attack on the camper in the sleeping bag happen about 20 miles from my home. A good friend's son had to shoot a mountain lion on his porch a few weeks ago. The lion refused to run off as the friend's son yelled at it and he dumped several 22 LR rounds into it as it started advancing towards him. This was 2 miles from my home.
The shooting of the mountain lion was reported and no problems for the kid. He has asked his dad to borrow a larger caliber rifle for future use.
Mountain lions are out of control in both Yuba and Nevada counties and most of the people here do pratice, Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up. Most experiened hunters avoid the shovel part by lung or gut shooting the lion allowing it to go a distance before it dies off their property.

I would love to see some trapper capture about 5 lions and dump them off in Golden Gate Park and give those granola crewing liberals a taste of their own medicine by grabbing Fi-Fi from them as they walk their poodle in the park.

RELH

"-- Of 17 verified lion attacks in California, only six were fatal."

Well, if it's only 6 dead it's no big deal I guess.

Whoever wrote that is a dickweed.

Eel

More Cats are killed annually in California with depradation permits and by fish and game employees now, than during the last few years of the former mountain lion seasons.

More are being killed now for the simple fact there is a large over abundance of them as compared to when they had hunting seasons.

The younger lions have to settle for a territory that is closer to humans and human contact happens more often today.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom