California bans horse/mule packing in wilderness

H

hangingmeat

HORSE AND MULE PACKING BANNED IN CALIFORNIA NATIONAL PARKS - A federal judge has banned horse and mule packing in California's Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks ruling that livestock use violates the Wilderness Act. At least 16 commercial pack outfitters have their livelihoods threatened. Although this battle has been going on for years, please be aware that powerful groups out there seek to destroy our way of life. This court decision is one step closer to closing all public lands from equine use (never mind that every Western backcountry trail was built on the backs of horses and mules). A hearing is scheduled for May 23rd in federal court to determine the next action. I don't know what, if anything, we as equine enthusiasts can do, but please be aware of similar attempts in your areas and talk to your politicians if necessary to protect your rights to use livestock on public lands. I'm not really savvy with social media so please help spread the word amongst your horse and mule friends to save our way of life and keep food on the tables of the commercial packers effects by this ruling. Thanks.

A HUGE impact on packers in my area.

They have been reducing permits for years and everybody knew this would be the ultimate result.

Pack outfitters provided summer jobs for myself and maybe 50 of my friends and relatives over the years.

It is a sad day indeed.

You can learn a lot about right and wrong and a man's "work ethic", hired out on a backcountry pack outfit.

I don't know if I know any "equine enthusiasts", but I know a heck of a lot of horse and mule people.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

So much bad news coming out of KA the last couple years.

The eviro/anti hunting/fishing crowd is winning big there. This will be coming to the other Western states.

Outdoors people are a NON vocal minority and we are paying the price.

Don't be surprised if you are correct about the hiking. Our governments, state and fed are doing all they can to keep us from utilizing OUR LAND. The feds have done a good job of closing down our use of fed lands (Natl Forests/BLM) and the libs are doing a great job of making kalifornith "lead free" (they are now trying to introduce condors to the Trinity Alps) in another attempt to end hunting in the goldenshower state. Meanwhile, We The Sheeple stick our heads in the sand. Fricken pathetic!

Norkal

"INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom