calif Clear Lake Antelope

B

bigLouis

Anyone willing to share current information on numbers and quality of bucks in Clear Lake zone for 20th of this month?I've got good maps if you want to tell me where the big guy lives or where they have been known to hang out in past.Any info appreciated,thanks Louie

It's been a lot of years since I have hunted in that region, about 15 to be exact. I always hunted it alot for geese, but always saw antelope whenever I went there. Believe it or not, but every time I saw goats, they were in the junipers and not out in the open. No sure if that was a camo reason or something else. I saw some out in the open areas east of the lake, but not a lot. It could have been just the time of year that was getting everything out of sorts. Sorry i don't have the secret answer that you are seeking, but I hope that gives some insight however small.

Does the Fish&Game still have their informational meeting the day before the hunt? The two times I've drawn I was able to attend. They are a lot of fun and educational as well. They have maps of all the zones with areas highlighted in each zone showing good spots to start. Biologists are there to answer any questions you might have.

Nothing would be better than being able to spend some time scouting if at all possible.

I hunted Likley Tables and Surprise Valley, so can't help specifically.

Enjoy the hunt and good luck!

Steve

Look up a guy named Monte Fenske in the phone directory. He lives in Eagle, I believe. He can point you in the right direction. PC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom