Cache/Rich Moose

A

AntlerKing

I lucked out and drew a Cache (900) moose tag. I've been out for the past three weeks, I have found tons of small bulls but nothing worth shooting. Time's running out for me, if any of you guys know where a big one is and wouldn't mind sharing that with me please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

AntlerKing

I have had the same experience on the Wasatch. Lots of cows, a few small bulls and only a couple bigger bulls. I have been out 14 times, seen bulls 4 of those trips for a total of 7 bulls and no shooters.

The bulls will become more active as it gets later in the year. Don't turn down a solid lead to a big bull, but don't fret until the first part of October.

Best of Luck. It sure can be frustrating.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Leaves falling off the trees helps a ton, so be patient. I saw a huge bull near the Baxter Sawmill turnoff up Blacksmith Fork. In the past, there have been some big bulls near the buried treasure up Franklin Basin.

Thanks for the tips, I've been in a few of those places with not much luck, like you said, once the leaves fall it will be much easier to find one.

I killed a 44" 155B+C a few miles north of the Hardware ranch about 8-9 years ago.
We had only seen a few small to medium bulls in our scouting also.
Right place, right time.
I was going back to town in the rain for gas and he wandered out from the thick stuff.
nb

46d08234212bd1f0.jpg

I'll try to post a picture, but I'm not very good at this cut and paste stuff.

Mulepacker,

I've seen a few bulls that size on the cache, I'm wanting bigger. I'm going up to a spot that has three bulls, the big one is about that size. Thanks for the photo.

Have they all stripped their velvet off now? Sometimes moose hand onto it into early September. Good luck on the hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom