Cache Moose with video

A

apollosmith

I had the great privilege of helping some good friends get this fantastic bull moose off the mountain. They had scouted for months and finally decided on this great Cache Moose. He's not the biggest bull in the state, but he's about as good as they get on the Cache.

I've posted the video of their hunt at http://www.monsterhuntclips.com/video/648/Utah-Moose-Hunt including the first shot at just 10 yards!!! There's also some cool slo-mo video at the end that you need to check out. Pretty cool!

The first shot slammed through the upper shoulder and through both lungs, but he stayed on his feet for another several minutes and 50 yards before being dropped. He was a 3.5 mile hike in on a big, nasty hill. Maybe they'll come on and tell the rest of the story.

Congrats to Jon and his boys on a great hunt and a fantastic bull!

2.jpg

3.jpg

Cool video. I was expecting a 10 yard shot with a bow. That was a tough moose. Was the moose hanging out with the( moo,moo ) cows?

If you're familiar with the North Cache, it's impossible to NOT hang out with moo cows this time of year. They're EVERYWHERE!

"Oh Baby" pretty well says it all. Great job!

That's one lucky Aspen!:)

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom