Cache general archery

A

archerybuff

I have the cache general archery tag this year wanting to try a new area. I have little to no knowledge about what to expect. Any info would be appreciated. Like what to expect as far as numbers, quality and potential areas to investigate. I love the back country so if anyone has spent anytime up in the Naomi wilderness or any other back country area,I would like to know what to expect. I will be taking a back packing trip up in there in mid July to see what's in there.
Thanks in advance.

That is the hardest archery hunt I have ever been on. I hunted up by Naomi Peak and Swan Flats almost to the summit on your way to Bear Lake. The big bucks are there, but they are usually a ways from the roads. I would get an archery elk tag to accompany your deer tag. I saw way more elk than deer on my Cache archery hunts. Good luck.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Tough area to hunt. Especially archery. But, as said, there are deer. I wouldn't say there are any more deer than anywhere else on the cache units but there are less people.

Thanks for the help I will take your advice and run with it. The other questions I have is the amount of deer to expect and size? I am hoping to be able to chase a few buck around 170" or bigger. Is there a chance of seeing a fair number of 170-180" deer?

If you get in the wilderness areas and are lucky you might see a 170 inch buck. 200 inch bucks are killed on the Cache almost every year, but they are the exception not the rule. Set your goal at about a 20" three point.

Dillon

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom