Cabela's Windshear

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
I'm looking to get some lightweight but warm gear for my backpacking hunts... I was looking at either the polarfleece or Berber both with the windshear lining. . I was wondering if the lining makes the garments loud? The rainsweade with Dry Plus I am currently using is a little noisy for my liking, even while sitting still glassing.. Any input would be appreciated.

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I think the stuff is great. I have both Berber fleece vest and jacket with the windshear. I also have the wooltimate pants with the windshear and will buy them again. I feel that they are both quiet.

I use some of Cabela's Wooltimate series for late season hunting and it also has the windshear. I have not noticed anything noisy about it. Very good stuff IMO.

Snort, That chit is heavy. I would be looking for a merino wool base layer, some sort of synthetic jacket, and then your hard shell (rain gear). I dont know the name but I have a zip up jacket w/ hood made by mountain hardware that is kind of puffy like a down jacket but its primaloft (synthetic). I've worn that thing into the 20's and been warm and when I dont it rolls up the size of a canteloupe.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

nothing but good to say about cabelas wind shear. great stuff! ive had a few jackets and it cuts the wind.

I can wear it only under the coldest conditions. I usually keep my Windshear jacket on my pack except when glassing. Wind proof and warm, but it is heavy. When you need it, I think there is nothing better.

I love my Berber Gear! To heavy for backpacking.But I love it non the less. I'll be picking up some down gear to replace it when I'm packing in.

Thanks for all the input fella's.. I appreciate it..

Looks like I can save a several pounds by going with specialty backpacking clothing, I don't care a whole lot about camo, that's not a big deal..

Hardway, I tried to find the jacket you were talking about but didn't find the exact one... I did however find a few by that company that are super light and 2 lbs lighter than the jacket I have been packing... That's just one item, I'm guessing one I save and start buying the right gear I will drop some serious weight from my pack..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom