cabelas uero binos

C

caterpillar

do the cabelas uero binos really compare to swarovski binos?
I was told by a couple of people that the cabelas binos were every bit as good as swarovski binos.

The Cabelas Euro binos are manufactured by Meopta in the former Czech Republic and are very good glass. I once owned a Meopta spotter and thought it was a great scope for the price. However, I have since upgraded and agree with Foreman4x4 that Meopta glass is not quite as good as Swaros, Leicas or Zeiss.

I agree there are some VERY subtle differences between the two but I challenge you to take the "blind-folded" Pepsi challenge. The only things I like more about the Swaro's SLCs are their focus wheel and diopter adjustment are nicer and where they are hinged a little closer to the face. Thats it! The glass is indistinguishable to me. I feel they are easily the best for the money binocs out there. I'll probably get lynched for saying this but I liked them much more than Vortex's top 2.

I bought the 10x42 Euros a couple years ago. I compared them to Pentax, Kahles, Swaro, Leica, and Zeiss in the store, outside Cabela's at dusk, and in the field.

Since then, I've sat side by side in all conditions/times with guys using the Pentax, Els, SLCs, and Ultra/Geo/Duovids...and have yet to notice a PROPORTIONAL difference between them. The Swaros looked a tad brighter; but I think it was because of the coating used. The colors just looked different, which made things stick out A LITTLE better....but not $1500 better...

From a binocular perspective, I have yet to be able to justify THAT MUCH more money for Swaros, etc. over the Cabelas Euros.

I highly recommend them, and with Cabelas warranty you can always take em back, no questions asked.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT, I HAVE A PAIR OF THE SWORO 15X56 BINOS AND I AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD INEXSPENSIVE SMALLER PAIR OF BINOS TO CARRY AND USE WHEN I AM NOT GLASSING. I PRETTY MUCH JUST WANT THEM FOR SPOT AND STALK.I WILL HAVE TO GO TO CABELAS AND CHECK THEM OUT. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INPUT

Inquire with Doug at CameraLand about the Promaster ELX ED binos that he carries. There are some good reviews on birdforum.net and opticstalk.com

I have the 10x42 ueros also. I really like them. super crisp images. excellent in low light conditions.

I have the Swaorovski 10-42 EL's and would not hesitate to buy the Cabelas Euro's after using them.

A friend of mine has them and yeah I think the Swarovksi's are a bit brighter mostly Color is sharper but the Cabelas Euros definately hold their own.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom