Cabela's Pine Ridge Binos

G

grunt_smacker

Cabela's Pine Ridge bino's

Anybody have any info or oppinions on this pair of glasses?

I know I am able to trade them in and upgraed to a better model with the Cabela's warranty.

But I am able to get a smokin deal on a pair of these and wonder if it really is worth it? (12x50 all black)

I used them for several years and was very happy with them. Last year I took the plunge and got a pair of Zeiss Victory 10X42. The biggest difference is in clarity and eye strain. At the end of a day of hunting I have no eye strain with the Zeiss but always could feel it with the Pine Ridge glasses. Is there $1400 difference in quality? Not really but I looked at it as an investment for the long haul.

12x50 is some pretty big glass but may suit your needs. I would recommend trying them out. By this I mean getting outside of the store or at least look at several different mounts in the store while trying to hold the binos on an object for a minute. You will probably notice that on 12x glass it becomes hard to hold still for any extended period. 12x is good for setting up in one spot and glassing in a comfortable position. For hunting on the move usually 7x-10x is optimal. 50mm objective is on the big side for hanging around your neck but will pay off big in low light.

I've heard good things about the Pine Ridge but have not personally looked through them. You may want to consider the XT version of the Pine Ridges too. They have a phase coat and are still reasonably priced. I was sceptical about Cabela's optics at first but recently decided to try them out. This past month I've got their Big Sky HD spotter and Euro binos. The spotter was great for the price and Euro binocs are excellent period.

Like anything else, get what you want the first time so your not having to pay again later.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom