Cabela's Message

2lumpy

Long Time Member
This was e-mailed to me today from Cabela's. The following is my response. I want everyone to support Cabela's in their efforts to protect fishing but they have the influence and resources to do more in places us little guys can never go.

If you agree, why not drop the CEO of Cabela's a note and let him know what you think. What can it hurt? I say, "Harness a 500 lb gorilla when you can".

You may want to read the Cabela's message below before you read my response.

Dear Sir
I hate to be the one to point this out to you but this is not about lead, it's about people.

These good folks hate people, they want to get rid of people, all people, they think all people need to be banned from the earth.

This planet belongs to the animals, not humans, they say.

First they tell us we are just another species of animal and then turn around and tell us we are using our animal instincts (survival of the fittest) to destroy the animals. It's okay if the wolf, the coyote, the bear, the cougar and CWD use their animal instinct to kill everything but not humans, we are evil, animals are good. How can we be evil if we are just another animal?

So fight the good fight for fishing lead products but your aiming at a false target, which exactly what they want you to do.

It's the oldest Plains Indian war trick, send out 14 warriors so your 100 man cavalry will chases the 14 into 4000 more, hiding in the cedar trees. Works every time.

Cabela's must win this lead issue but these folks will be back again and again. While Cabela's "still has revenue" it needs to be going after the seven headed monster that is spawning these false targets. The seven headed monster is the few individuals (actual people with names and identifies that can be identified with good research) that generate these issues and then trick the uninformed into donating the funds and shouting their message.

If you really want this stuff to stop, spend your money to identify those few individuals, publish their true intentions and discredit them as named individuals. Let their funding sources and their passive supporters know what they really want and how they are doing it. Stop their money and their general public support and they are out of business. Without money their attorneys will leave them quicker than a sea tick leaves a spawning salmon. Or not.

Take Action Now! Protect your right to fish.

September 2, 2010

Dear Cabela's Customer:

Occasionally, an issue of such importance arises we feel it necessary to contact our loyal customers. With our fishing rights at stake, this is such an issue.

On August 23, 2010, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency was petitioned by the Center for Biological Diversity and others to ban lead from ammunition and fishing tackle, including sinkers, jigs, weighted fly lines and components containing lead, such as brass and ballast in lures, spinners, stick baits and other fishing products.

On August 27, the EPA denied the petition regarding ammunition, but let stand the petition to ban lead in fishing tackle and has opened a short period for taking public comment.

Such a ban would cause prices of fishing products to skyrocket. Alternative metals can cost from six to 15 times more than lead, and most do not perform as well. For many, fishing would no longer be the affordable sport it is now.

Please join Cabela's and Keep America Fishing in opposing this ban by submitting your comments to the EPA no later than September 15, 2010. You can easily do so by clicking here:

http://capwiz.com/keepamericafishin...90&cmp=I100902A&seg=FF1&cnt=6089&ctb=16355526

It is a fast and easy way to assure your opinion is heard.

Cabela's is working in conjunction with the American Sportfishing Association and Keep America Fishing to protect our tradition and heritage of fishing.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Cabela's

This e-mail was sent to you by: Cabelas.com, One Cabela Dr., Sidney, NE 69160

I clicked on the link and sent a quick message to the 4 politicians detailed. It only took a minute to do the whole thing.

OPPOSE THIS NONSENSE!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom