Cabelas, I am done. PROBABLY

bowhunt

Long Time Member
I want to be done with these guys, but they will probably suck me back in. At least I am honest:

But man, I am sick of their supposed SALE, and their inability to deliver.

-Bought boots online, or tried to
-No word for over 2 weeks
-I ring..."They are in stock, but we are no longer offering them at that price" HUH?
-Apparently when they get LOW on stock the price goes back up, even though when I order, and STILL the price shows on sale.

This is the THIRD time this has happened.

The comment, "we are really sorry we can help you find a different boot, at regular price"
Thanks a lot! Too late to get them now. FREAK!

My experiences with them has been different from yours. Went in last year to get a item that was on sale, could not find it in the store. So asked a salesman and they told me they were sold out, but could order one in for me and give it to me at sale price. Took me up to customer service, paid and had it the next week. But I have heard more and more stories latley, just like yours just hope they don't let there customer service slip.

I still do an awful lot of business with them, but since they went public and are building stores all over the place, I believe they are slipping a bit. However, it's not enough that I still won't buy stuff from them. In fact, I bought a lot of reloading supplies at the Rapid City,SD store on my western trip and just went online two weeks ago when I got home and bought a Leupold VXI that lists for $300 and ended up paying $230 to my door after coupons and rebates were used for the purchase. I didn't even use any of my points on the purchase either and stuff is always delivered within 5-6 days using the standard delivery fee. I know I'd be a millionaire if I had 1% of what they have invested just in catalogs and flyers that come once or more a week!

They've been wonderful (quality and customer service) for well over 30 years.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Bowhunt, call them and complain.

Be reasonable and simply ask how it is that you have been messed up 3 times.

They WILL try to make you happy.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

Same here nontypical! An example is that Leupold scope I just bought. I did it online and after I was all done and saved my transaction in a file like I always do I realized I had clicked on the wrong line and ordered the gloss, rather than the matte finish. I was ticked at myself for not being more careful, but I thought I'd call and see if it could be rectified. The lady I spoke with was a joy to talk to and called up the record of the transaction so fast I couldn't believe it, even though it was only done 5 minutes prior. She corrected the oprder and then said that she noted the free lenspen that came with it was on backorder. That was not shown when I bought it online, but she said she'd make sure it got to me in another package. Five days later both packages arrived and I'm a happy camper. That's why I'll continue to do business with them. If the OP will call and explain his situation I'd almost bet that he'll be taken care of promptly too.

I do not give up easily, as I am the Global Director of Services for a large company.
I spoke to a manager....
The comment, this is our policy, when low on stock we cancel the order, and make it unavailable for the lower price. I wish they would have told me about that risk 2 weeks ago. And that policy blows.
I have had some good experiences with them...but now 3.. poor experiences.
Wish it was different.

I had the same problem a couple of years ago with a under armour sale they had, They took my credit card and charged it, 7 days later, I call to ask where is my stuff I have a hunt coming up pretty quick and they tell me SORRY but we ran out and can't fill your order. BUT we can sell you a higher price set, BUT you have charged my credit card already, sorry we will refund your credit card amount(2 weeks later). I now do business with Basspro.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Gator---That's the kind of stuff I'm starting to hear and it's my fear that with their continuous expansion the company is getting away form the way it was when owned by just the Cabela brothers. It would only take me once to be treated like you mentioned and they'd lose me and a lot of money I put on their Visa card every year!

I brought back a pair of binoculars that wouldn't focus. The man at the optics counter argued. I got a new pair after about a hour. I prefer sportsmans for all my stuff, especially since I won a 1k gift cert from them about 2 years ago

I have had nothing but good expiriences with them. Great store in my book. I have bought all my hunting equipment from them for years with no issues. Sorry to hear you had a problem...

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

The only time I use them is if a local retailer doesn't have what I want. I've noticed once shipping is factored in, Cabela's is not really saving me any money in most cases. mtmuley

bowhunt,

What do you need a new pair of boots for? You need to get out of the truck to wear out boots! LOL (sorry buddy, I couldn't resist being a smart azz)

Lets go scouting again and you can walk my butt off.... again!

Good luck in all the draws this year. They're coming.

Good luck with the boots but it sounds like they don't want your business. Too bad for them!

Zeke

Ask to talk to the manager. I have never found Cabela's to treat me like that denying the price on a sale item out of stock when it gets in. In fact they have always shipped free to me on sale items out of stock. Sometimes employees no matter what company don't want to bother. They have been an outstanding company for 50 years now. You don't last that long by screwing the customer over.

I love shopping the bargin cave and have always been satisfied.

They have even upgraded my shipping qute often for free.

Decided to try out SantanaOutdoors.com.
GREAT EXPERIENCE, Thanks Eric!

Fast and free shipping, great communications, etc.
I will be back.

I have not spent a dime with Cabela's this year.

Last year I purchased something from there and used my visa check card to pay, 4 months later they decided they had made a mistake on the total and drafted another $20+ from my account without notification of any sort. 3 weeks later I received a letter stating they had made a mistake(after they had already taken the money out of my account).
I dealt with them on the phone for several hours, never got a satisfactory response and they never handled the problem.

I may only be one person, but I can take my money elsewhere.

That's really weird and probably illegal for them to do that without your authorization. I would have dealt with it through my bank and then gone to the Feds with it if I didn't receive satisfaction. I'll keep doing plenty of business with them, but if they screw up one time like you and some of the others have mentioned, they won't get a second chance!!!

>That's really weird and probably illegal
>for them to do that
>without your authorization. I
>would have dealt with it
>through my bank and then
>gone to the Feds with
>it if I didn't receive
>satisfaction. I'll keep doing
>plenty of business with them,
>but if they screw up
>one time like you and
>some of the others have
>mentioned, they won't get a
>second chance!!!

Tried to go the bank route, they said they couldn't do anything about a charge less than $50 or something like that, the bank was Amarillo National Bank and I was at a dead end there.
I was told after calling that I "should" have received a letter explaining things, and even though I hadn't....tough luck!
I will buy from Bass Pro or find someone else on-line to purchase items from.

I can't blame you at all if they treated you that way and I hate to hear it because it may be a bad trend as they expand. I hope not, but just one time they mistreat me like that and it will be the last and every hunting site on the net will know about it!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom