Cabelas Euros Vs. Vortex Razor HD

A

ADDICT

Dilemma--

I wish I could throw down for the Swaros but I can't make it happen so I need help on the Cabelas Euro 12x50mm versus the Vortex Razor HD 12x50mm. They're within $100 bucks so any help would be appreciated!

I have a pair of Euros and love them. My brother in law has the vortex and they are also very good. But I believe the warranty at Cabelas beats anybodys and you can not go wrong with the Euros.

I don't have any experience with the Vortex; but I love my Euros. I think both warranties and quality are pretty hard to beat or differentiate, so just pick one!!!

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

I have owned the Cabelas euro and have looked through the vortex razors. Personally I would wait til Vortex has been on the block for a while longer before buying there high end stuff. I have always had disregard for optics companies that make low end as well as high end optics i.e. Minox, Brunton, etc. these guys end up just all around being medicore with one exception and that is nikon. Meopta the company that makes the Euro is a well establsihed european comapny that makes great optics. They arent swaro but they arent to far off. Another thing to consider is resell value, no doubt you could resell your euros for within $100 of what you paid for them, not sure you could say that about Vortex. I have also noted that there is quite a few companies having fire sales on vortex, not good for your optics maintaining there value.

Who is having "firesales" on the Vortex Razor? If so I would be interested.

The Vortex Razor is a very nice glass that I feel competes with the big three for less money. The Euro is very good as well. I have personally never looked through the 12x versions of either, but I have compared the two in 10x. Each has their plus' and only the person looking through them can determine which is best for him. View is very good through both. I went Razor, my friend went Euros. Both times, it was because of the price we were able to get them for. He paid less for his Euros in the Cabelas Bargain Bin than I did for my lightly demo's used Razor a few months prior.

Now....if I could figure out how to hold my 10x steady :>(

I may be trading for an 8x Razor as I struggle holding any 10x steady for any period of time without a tripod. A 12x would be my worst nightmare.

Vortex has some "entry level" binos namely the Diamondback that has been compared favorably and in some eyes, better than the Nikon Monarch, for significantly less scratch. The Vortex Viper surpasses the Nikon Monarch in every way and compares favorably with the Monarch X by those who have reviewed them.

If you like the Vortex, go with them. They are very good and their VIP warranty is outstanding. Unfortunately, I did have to use it, and they were absolutely terrific to deal with. I am sure that the Cabelas warranty is excellent too, but don't be afraid of the Vortex warranty.

Have fun!

FH

its called price protecting and the big 3 are all over it. Deals on Vortex? are you kidding me I can find 10 different palces that sell vortex optics for 10 different prices.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-12-09 AT 10:11PM (MST)[p]Best prices on Vortex Razor? I would like to know where you can find them advertised for less than $700 for new binos. With the rebates they will be less, and undoubtedly, dealers may sell them for less, but to say "firesale prices" is pretty vague. Just curious as it seems you were suggesting that they were costing a lot less than their MAP pricing that Doug, VIP and several other authorized dealers have. If so, I can't find them.

Occasionally you may find a "demo" bino for significant discounts, but new?!

FH

For $700, you could step up to a pair of Leica Trinovids, 10x42. These are excellent optics as I had a pair myself. I happen to see that someone is selling a pair in the classifieds section. It looks to be a great price for the Trinovids go new for $1200.00 +.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom