"cabela's euro vs swaro spotter"

hornkiller

Long Time Member
OK guys need some help fast! Any advice on this is much appreciated. Do i get the cabela's euro 20-60x75mm for $1000
or do i go with the swaro stm-65 for $1369? what do you guys think?

In the words of my neice, who has just graduated from about $230,000 worth of 4 year college........."Well Duh"?

I have owned both the Razor HD and the swaro 65. The swaro is optically a little better scope. And if your packing it on your back it is a a lot lighter. The Vortex Razor warranty however will surpass any other warranty for optics.

>The Vortex Razor
>warranty however will surpass any
>other warranty for optics.

Curious how Vortex's warranty and/or service surpasses Swarovski?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-10 AT 10:55AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-10 AT 10:15?AM (MST)

Drop your swaro off a cliff and break the glass in half send it in to swaro you will have to pay to get it fixed. I am not saying swaro has bad customer service they cover all things that they would be responsible for. But if your drop your vortex off a cliff and it breaks into 4 pieces you go pick them up send it back to them they will replace no questions asked. There customer service is amazing. Having said that I sold my razor hd and bought the swaro because all I do is backback hunt so the weight was a issue for me. And the swaro was a touch better optically. But the weight is why I switched. Hopefully I never drop mine off a cliff. HAHA

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-10
>AT 10:15?AM (MST)

>
>Drop your swaro off a cliff
>the glass in half send
>it in to swaro you
>will have to pay to
>get it fixed. I am
>not saying swaro has bad
>customer service they cover all
>things that they would be
>responsible for. But if your
>drop your vortex off a
>cliff and it breaks into
>4 pieces you go pick
>them up send it back
>to them they will replace
>no questions asked. There customer
>service is amazing. Having said
>that I sold my razor
>hd and bought the swaro
>because all I do is
>backback hunt so the weight
>was a issue for me.
>And the swaro was a
>touch better optically. But the
>weight is why I switched.
>Hopefully I never drop mine
>off a cliff. HAHA

Have you ever experienced Swarovski customer service first-hand? My guess is not.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-10 AT 10:58AM (MST)[p]I have and like I said they have great customer service. But the fact is if you drop your scope and break it with swaro you are going to have to pay to fix it and in my mind I think that is fair. i also know swaro is not looking to make any $$ on repairs so basically you are just paying for the part that needs to be fixed. With vortex you wouldnt have to pay anything. I own a swaro and love it and there service but a fact is a fact.

A strong gust of wind blew my friends swaro spotter and tripod over breaking the spotter at the base. He sent it in and they fixed it free of charge. Don't know much about the Vortex but I am very pleased with my Swaro optics and service.

I'm aware of several instances where Swarovski products were damaged due to user error that were covered completely without charge.

>I'm aware of several instances where
>Swarovski products were damaged due
>to user error that were
>covered completely without charge.
I'm aware of some that weren't covered. There's no consistency with the Swarovski warranty. Also that Cabela's spotter is the same as the Meopta which I used for a couple years. Great glass but the eye relief sucks. You have to nearly put your eyeball on the glass to get a full field of view. Test one out and you'll see what I mean. That makes it very hard to use in the field. Go with the Swarovski unless you're one of those guys that is extremely hard on gear, then maybe go with the vortex.

All the better then. I have just heard of some people that have had to pay to get things fixed when it was there fault. A swaro rep was the one that told me they are not looking to make $$$ on the repairs and will just charge you for the part. from the dealers I have talked to that deal with both they all prefer vortex when it comes to CS. because swaro has been hit and miss on what they are covering as of late. I only had to deal with swaro once and it was just a little issue and everything was great.

Either way they both have good CS I hope I dont ever have to use it for either company. back to the original post I owned the razor for a while and ended up getting the swaro 65 (non-hd) and have not looked back.

Don't know how this got turned into a votex fight. But i had a vortex and hated it! I wouldn't take one if you gave it to me my 70mm elite does a better job for me. My brother has the euro and there vortex isn't even in the same ball park. Thanks for the info guys i'm going to get the swaro.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom