Cabelas customer service

hangfire

went into cabelas today to return a 1x20 pine ridge scope that I have been using on my muzzy, the rear lens has rattled loose. Took the scope to the optic counter and told the guy what the problem was, he looked at it and confirmed it, grabbed a new scope out of stock and walked me to customer service for the paper work, no questions asked. But what I was impressed with was I had no box for the scope or no receipt. After looking at the new scope noticed the eye bell and focus have been redesigned hopefully fixing the defect. Overall satisfied with the service.

Great! I'm glad to hear that because it sounds like the old Cabelas and not the new one that has changed policy somewhat on how they do their returns, etc. What you experienced today is exactly why I have always done business with them and will continue if they stay that way. They probably looked into their computer records at the service desk the clerk took you too because they do keep track of what you buy and return. I was told by a clerk one time that if a person shows as always bringing stuff back that at some point in time they will be politely told to discontinue the practice or the company will not continue to do that for them.

I bought a pair of danner pronghorns from a sports store that leaked like a civ. they would not return them.

I was on my way to S. UT bowhunting, stopped at cabelas just for fun. decided to look at new boots. bs'n with the cabelas footwear employee I told him the story of why Im lookin at new boots. He asked if I had the boots with me? I said yes. he asked me to bring them in. and meet him at costomer service. he was waiting with a brand new pair of pronghorns for me.

I probably over heated the cabelas packable rain gear that I owned for 2 years. I could feel something bunching up under the pit area and down the sleeve.

Sent it in with a note of what I thought I did and got a whole new set.

I've also have been able to find some awesome deals in the bargin cave.

Overall, I think the Big C is one of the best and my spending history there backs that up lol.

Bill in MI

>I bought a pair of danner
>pronghorns from a sports store
>that leaked like a civ.
>they would not return them.
>
>
> I was on my way
>to S. UT bowhunting, stopped
>at cabelas just for fun.
>decided to look at new
>boots. bs'n with the cabelas
>footwear employee I told him
>the story of why Im
>lookin at new boots. He
>asked if I had the
>boots with me? I said
>yes. he asked me to
>bring them in. and meet
>him at costomer service. he
>was waiting with a brand
>new pair of pronghorns for
>me.

Wow that's really cool of the guy. I need to pick up some new boots for my fall trips and want to look at some new options. I plan on taking my time, checking out Cabela's, BP & GM. I have been using Danner Radicals for a long time.

When a Cabelas store opened near my home I vowed to never again shop at Sportman's Warehouse. SW had the worst customer service I had ever seen. Cabela's has maintained a high standard and, fortunately, Sportsman's may have seen the light and made changes in order to stay in business. I now have two great stores to choose from thanks to Cabelas.

LAST EDITED ON May-30-11 AT 02:32PM (MST)[p]I just bought a pair of LEUPOLD switch power binos from them,2 months later the left side fogged up internally while shed hunting in a drizzle(not Cabelas fault I know Leupold should be Fn embarrassed with their newest,super expensive razu binos),I called Cabelas to see what they would do before sending them off to LEUPOLD to wait several months to get them back,they told me to throw them in the box and ship them back for replacement.Thats great customer service in my book,they didnt have to but they did.I spend a bunch of money with them every year and i will continue to do so.(LEUPOLD on the other hand is starting loose my faith,two problems in one year,my compact gold ring spotter and these gold ring binos both,I buy their top shelf stuff and they arnt holding up for #####)

I bought a fly rod a few years ago with the lifetime warranty. I was pulling it out of the truck and broke the tip off, I took it in and the guy at the fly fishing counter said the model I bought was discontinued, I was thinking "great, screwed again" when he told me I would have to settle for an upgrade model at no extra cost I was sold on Cabelas.

Never had anything but a great experience when dealing with Cabela's.

I too have been skeptical as of late with their recent changes but so far I have not had any issues.

I think they may have made this highly publicized change to give them the ability to deal with those who had abused the policy previously.

Cabela's Customer Service, IMO, is the model for all others to follow regardless of the industry one might be in!

I love Cabela's and will never shop anywhere else.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Will always purchase from Cabelas because of their outstanding customer service. About the only thing I'll buy from Sportsman's Warehouse is a license or a box of .22 shells when they're hard to come by.

TRH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom