CA White Mtn Sheep.............

kilowatt

Don't know who this hunter is but this Ram was taken in the California White Mtn's recently, very rugged area. Congrats to the hunter on a successful sheep trophy.
Brian
46d0cc0b6abfb2c5.jpg

46d0cc6b6b326f00.jpg

46d0cc926b7e809a.jpg

Wow!! A beauty of a ram, for sure. Thanks for sharing. Kilowatt, hope to send you a similar photo in a couple of weeks.

Beautiful ram and I love that country. There's just something about that rough, ugly country that I love. I think that is why I prefer to hunt deer in the desert as opposed to the mountains. Scott

That's a heck of a fine ram!

The White Mountains are some special desert sheep country. California FNAWS got involved in doing survey work with CA DFG and they got a good enough census to justify a seasn last year for the first time. It isn't your typical desert sheep country, as it's very high altitude, over 12,000 feet in some places

Well, I don't know about THAT ram but those White Mountain sheep are on about as big a mountain as you will ever find desert sheep on. Highest peak in the Whites is 14,000+ and I understand those sheep hang out well up on the mountain. Makes my lungs hurt thinking about it.

Awesome ram. Thanks for posting it KW.

My friend has a hunt booked with Terry this year(lucky). He said that is a 180" sheep, not your typical for the white mountains.
Jay

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom