CA predation

Calbuck

So, wolves have now been confirmed as killing livestock routinely in the Little Valley/Fall River Mills area.. when will our Fish and Wildlife fess up to their little secret that the wolves are widespread and much more destructive than they admitted to?? Is this the end game for the Fish and Wildlife to attempt to snuff out hunting due to "protected species" vs our once vast herds of wild game? Tired of the woke and emotional decisions from my govt and know it all comes form the population centers..we MUST come up with different governance for our resource!

So, wolves have now been confirmed as killing livestock routinely in the Little Valley/Fall River Mills area.. when will our Fish and Wildlife fess up to their little secret that the wolves are widespread and much more destructive than they admitted to?? Is this the end game for the Fish and Wildlife to attempt to snuff out hunting due to "protected species" vs our once vast herds of wild game? Tired of the woke and emotional decisions from my govt and know it all comes form the population centers..we MUST come up with different governance for our resource!
It’s not the predator it’s the fish and game commission being pressured from environmental groups and so on.

This state, this country and the world in general, have gone to 💩! Every aspect of it including wildlife management is bassackwards. What's good is bad and what's bad is good!!! This state could have some amazing hunting if it wasn't for liberal politics and feel good laws passed with no science. It would even bring revenue from non residents....but it'll never happen with the powers that be. The system is broken and I really hate to say it but I don't see it getting any better anytime soon or at all.

This state, this country and the world in general, have gone to 💩! Every aspect of it including wildlife management is bassackwards. What's good is bad and what's bad is good!!! This state could have some amazing hunting if it wasn't for liberal politics and feel good laws passed with no science. It would even bring revenue from non residents....but it'll never happen with the powers that be. The system is broken and I really hate to say it but I don't see it getting any better anytime soon or at all.
In our opinion the system is broke.........in our "leadership's" opinion...and plans for us....all is coming together

Oh yeah......it is a regular industry.....get fed dollars to fight and sue the fed....then win lawsuit and get fed to pay lawyer fees and penalties....it is a beautiful plan for all involved....
How do we start this racket, yet in reverse to favor us?

I think the first step is to get a grant writer to build the funds and start our own data collection. We have way more time in the woods and know what the truth is.

Do we have lawyer here on MM?

How about someone close to a lobbyists?

Etc, etc...

Yep it will take people sacrificing their time to attend Fish And Wildlife meetings, lean on Mule Deer foundation and RMEF which are already trying to sway things our way (I hope) and myriad other efforts to gain positive attention from the lawmakers and general public..we need voters to see things our way and lawmakers to feel they are in jeopardy of losing their seats to effect change

How do we start this racket, yet in reverse to favor us?

I think the first step is to get a grant writer to build the funds and start our own data collection. We have way more time in the woods and know what the truth is.

Do we have lawyer here on MM?

How about someone close to a lobbyists?

Etc, etc...
The TRUTH??...lmmfao...the truth doesn't matter to these guys.....they are leftists bound and determined to control everyone....including the federal government...

The TRUTH??...lmmfao...the truth doesn't matter to these guys.....they are leftists bound and determined to control everyone....including the federal government...
We all know this, so do you have any input on putting a battle plan together?

Mine was to use their strategy against them.

My reference to truth directly reflected what we know, i.e., deer herd conditions, specifically in a state like California, or the overpopulation of predators. All while they continue to reintroduce more and more wolves to our state. Or how we can't hunt cats here anymore. They are actively planning on introducing grizzlies here. WTF

I wasn't insinuating that they care about the truth. All I continue to see are comments on what they are doing to us and not a lot about how we can turn things around to favor us.

My reference to truth directly reflected what we know, i.e., deer herd conditions, specifically in a state like California, or the overpopulation of predators. All while they continue to reintroduce more and more wolves to our state. Or how we can't hunt cats here anymore. They are actively planning on introducing grizzlies here. WTF

I wasn't insinuating that they care about the truth. All I continue to see are comments on what they are doing to us and not a lot about how we can turn things around to favor us.
I agree we have to organize an effective counter to the craziness..the true science-based biology of managing wildlife vs the feel good policies currently being used. The reality of their policy needs to be impressed upon the people who can effect change..the ranchers losing cattle to wolves, the obvious decline in the deer herds. The proliferation of bears into areas they were not seen before.

No matter how reasonable our arguments might be, they are the ones "following the science" and we are all "science deniers."

Unfortunately for all of us that live in CA or anyone that actually cares about deer herds. An infinity loop has been created.

The people that need the programs vote in the people that give them the programs that in turn keep them poor and create a new generation of people voting for programs.

Unfortunately for the most part the people that are sucked into the loop 1. Don’t do the research on what they are being peddled and 2. Only care about what’s in it for them not realizing the down stream consequence. Remember the great citizens of this state voted a gas tax on themselves because they couldn’t be bothered to read and believed ambulances were going to fall through freeways.

Gas at $5 a gallon with a soon to be additional .50 a gallon.
Groceries at all time high
Median home price 900,000
Rent for a 3 bedroom home -3500 a month

It’s all designed as a wheel in this state to keep the money flowing from you to the government .

It will be difficult to fight these “Rewilder” groups. There are several. One, Earth.org spells out their goals:

“The presence of top carnivores in an ecosystem not only holds ecological value but serves an economic and social purpose to humans. Rewilding, or more specifically trophic rewilding, is shedding light on the importance of predators and providing evidence of their benefits. The results will also help to advocate for the protection of existing trophic chains that are regulated by their top predator. “

“Advocate for protection of existing trophic chains,” in other words, “protect the food supplies of predators.”

This is what it is all about.

The Feel-Goods don't recognize MAN as the top predator..crazy times were living in..
We would have to make an argument along those I think. Places like Colorado going to be in trouble because they are going to have 25 packs at about 200 total wolves.

How many of you dudes have killed a lion? Or shoot a bear every year? Do you shoot yotes? Cause if your typing in this thread and you haven’t YOU ARE a poser…

By the way there are certain criteria for an established population. I’m not disagreeing with the inefficiency of the wildlife department…. But y’all are delusional there is gonna be any change in policy even if there is an established wolf population in California. The “ get in back to wild” is there to stay.

Also predator populations mirror prey populations fyi deer number down so are predators.

Last edited:
"Also predator populations mirror prey populations fyi deer number down so are predators.".......thanks mr obvious....

And we can learn to live with 30 year highs and lows of prey and predator populations........sounds great right?

"Also predator populations mirror prey populations fyi deer number down so are predators.".......thanks mr obvious....

And we can learn to live with 30 year highs and lows of prey and predator populations........sounds great right?
The only thing that’s grown is the number of two legged hunters, foolish to think predators would grow to out pace the prey…
Wolves? Yeah the “back to it was” agenda prevalent in state agencies like California isn’t gonna change. Deer hunting is gonna get harder just like the rest of the west. Wolves are probably populated from northern boarder to southern border. Which I’m my opinion is a tremendous success for wildlife. I equally enjoy the notion of the first grizzly mauling in California in the next 39 years.
As hunters we can evolve to climate change better then any other predator.

IMG_1365.jpeg

I belong to a CWD group on Facebook and there has been ongoing discussion whether wolves have helped to spread CWD. It is interesting that CWD shows up in California around the same time that wolves did.

I decided to ask Ai what it thought of the possibility of wolves spreading CWD. The answer as follows:

“Yes, wolves can potentially spread Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) through their scat. CWD is a prion disease that affects deer, elk, and moose, and wolves can become infected by consuming infected animals or coming into contact with infected carcasses.

Studies have shown that CWD prions can persist in wolf scat for extended periods, potentially contaminating soil and water sources. This raises concerns about the role of wolves in transmitting CWD to other animals.

However, it's important to note that the exact extent of wolf-to-wolf or wolf-to-other-species transmission through scat is still being researched and debated. More studies are needed to fully understand the risks and mechanisms involved.

If you have specific questions or concerns about CWD or wildlife management, feel free to ask!”

Something that needs to be looked into, in my opinion.

Our problem is the federal government won’t partner with us…..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom