CA mule deer 19 points

Pilgrim

Well, I'm back with the same dilemma. Last year I applied for M5 with 18 pts and thought it was a slam dunk. Apparently, someone jumped the line and I missed the cut. I am considering applying for X5b this year. The cost of a NR license and tag keeps increasing as does my age (70 next Oct.) Any input would be appreciated. Like many of you, I have grown weary of the point creep.

That is the unit I think I would apply for if I had your points. Being your a nr do you still apply for sheep ?

You were in a X5B draw pool with 18 points going in last year. You can't tell from the published statistics how many are with you, but it is a few years in so it can't be that big if the largest first year and next two pools have cleared. I would stick with it.

You were in a X5B draw pool with 18 points going in last year. You can't tell from the published statistics how many are with you, but it is a few years in so it can't be that big if the largest first year and next two pools have cleared. I would stick with it.
I have applied for M5 for the last 19 years. I am considering X5b this year to burn my points. the point creep game is getting old, and so am I.

Well, I drew the tag. If anyone has a tag for the rifle season I would greatly appreciate any intel. I won't get down there to scout until mid-Oct. I have archery tags for deer, elk, and antelope here in Oregon. Looking forward to the hunt.

We last drew in 2004. We both shot bucks, but nothing impressive. We did see a very good buck that gave us the slip. I am hoping the area has recovered from fires.
It hasn't. Are there good bucks still? Yes. Especially if you can find private to hunt. You can still go up Skedaddle or Ramhorn and potentially turn up a good one too. But it's a tough hunt. Weather in Nevada helps.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom