CA Max. Pref. Points

MAX FOR .....SHEEP,LOPE, & ELK......5 FOR DEER. GOING TO SPEND THE DEER POINTS SOON !!! I THINK MAX IS 9 ......IS THAT RIGHT??...........GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR POINTS..........YD.

I'm 33 and have max everything. I plan on drawing every damn one of em too. May take another 30 years but I will hunt Sheep and Tule Elk in Ca.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I have max for deer and antelope.
BUT!!! WHATS THIS RUMOR I heard about F&G going to cap the max points?
Any truth to this?

I have max points for everything. Closest I've come to drawing a tag was #1 alternate for a Marble Mtns. sheep tag about five years ago.

I'm max for everything but deer. Drew the first year of the Round Valley late hunt and killed a 33"+ 190 4x4. Hopefully we will all draw a couple of these tags while we can still hunt. As far as changing the system I would guess they will tweak it a little maybe allowing a higher percentage to non-max point holders.Good luck!

As many guys who have max points have not drawn, what good is max points exactly?
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

A LOT OF US ARE JUST COLLECTING POINTS FOR HUNTS IN THE FUTURE, I HAVE NOT APPLIED FOR ELK,LOPE, OR SHEEP. WITH SO MANY STATES TO HUNT ITS TUFF TO FIT IN CA. & NEVADA FOR ME..............YD.

Any point system can change... As loudly as the have minority screams, the have nots will eventually outnumber, drown those out and complain louder. Points are no assurance of anything when supply is such that the exclusive top pools will turn over by old age and death forcing people out rather than just making it a wait your turn thing.. Like sheep and bull elk in CA..

As usual, I am one less MAX on SHEEP, ELK and ANTELOPE HERE. Never started collecting points for DEER until PAUL talked me into it.
At my age, I probably am just giving money to the state for SHEEP and ELK...got a chance for Lopes I would think.....and maybe deer too.

That's the way the bullet drops.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

PC......I WOULD LOVE TO GO OVER AGAIN, BUT NOT THIS YEAR. I AM LOOKING INTO A IDAHO WOLF HUNT THOUGH......I HOPE !!! I DONT THINK NICKMAN WILL BE THERE THE WHOLE TIME.....MIGHT BE WRONG. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE GOING HEY????.... SEEMS I AM JUGGLING A FEW TOO MANY BALLS AT THE MOMENT.....................YD.

I have max points for sheep, elk, and antelope. Only one deer point. I'll keep drawing an X-zone tag every 2-3 years.

Don P

I heard the rumor about point caps up here in Susanville. I don't know where it started but I couldn't find anything in the regs that say that. I hope it's just that - rumors.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom