eldorado

Long Time Member
If Jones wants to return the Cowboys to respectability he needs to:

1) Fire Garrett
2) Go to a 4-3 defense
3) Get some help in the secondary
4) Rebuild the offensive line

Eldorado

Nah, I say keep it how it is... I like the nfl better without the cowgirls!

Traditional >>>------->

Jerry needs to fire the GM first!!!!

Then shut up, get in his owners box, get his piehole out from in front of the cameras, sit there and write checks.

Jones says Garrett isn't going anywhere.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I'll bet Jerry is a blast to work for.

Firing his GM and staying out of the way would be the best start.

I don't think you will see him getting fired this year. They need to shore up the offensive line and their secondary but other than that, the building blocks are all there. He will give him one more year.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

You guys are aware of the fact that Jerry is the GM right? When he convinced himself that it was him and not Jimmie Johnson that built the dynasty team its been all down hill since. I wish they would get rid of Romo so he could do well and the Cowboys would suck even worse.

Don't look for Jerry to fire himself anytime soon.

> You guys are aware of
>the fact that Jerry is
>the GM right? When he
>convinced himself that it was
>him and not Jimmie Johnson
>that built the dynasty team
>its been all down hill
>since. I wish they would
>get rid of Romo so
>he could do well and
>the Cowboys would suck even
>worse.
>
> Don't look for Jerry to
>fire himself anytime soon.

We know. That's what needs to be done in order to move forward. Don't get me wrong, I LOATHE the boyz so he can do whatever he wants with them.

The boys are my team, it has become embarrassing. What once was a dominating, and feared "system" has become a complete joke.

IMHO, it was mistake to build such a "palace". There is no home-field feeling to it. Its like mall of America and Vegas wrapped in something resembling a stadium.

Jerry has made the Dallas Cowboys "name" worth a billion dollars, but as a football team, they aren't worth a wooden nickle.

Tom Landry is rolling in his grave, and Jimmie Johnson is laughing his ass off.

>The boys are my team, it
>has become embarrassing. What
>once was a dominating, and
>feared "system" has become a
>complete joke.
>
>IMHO, it was mistake to build
>such a "palace". There
>is no home-field feeling to
>it. Its like mall
>of America and Vegas wrapped
>in something resembling a stadium.
>
>
>Jerry has made the Dallas Cowboys
>"name" worth a billion dollars,
>but as a football team,
>they aren't worth a wooden
>nickle.
>
>Tom Landry is rolling in his
>grave, and Jimmie Johnson is
>laughing his ass off.

Couldn't have said it any better myself!!!!

I miss Jimmie Johnson. And Troy and Michael and Emmit and Jay and.... Johnson was the last coach that Jerry let have the reins to the team. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-12 AT 07:38PM (MST)[p]jerry jones is a moron!

if the cowboy want to win anytime soon, they need to draft a quarterback that can take over after 1 season.

Romo is the most over-rated q.b. in football.

he ranks right behind tim tebow as the all time greatest passer, and right behind dan marino as the all time leading rushing q.b., and right behind Ryan leaf in being the all time greatest decision maker.

what has he ever done to even be considered a elete qb?

This is the best piece I have seen on the subject. Written by a Dale Hansen.

The Rams and Tampa Bay fire their coaches.

The Colts fire general manager Bill Polian.

And the Cowboys would be so much better if they would fire theirs.

Fifteen years now with a single playoff win. Thirty-two teams in the NFL, and the Cowboys are one of only seven that hasn't won at least two playoff games in the last 15 years.

The Cowboys are in a group now with Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Houston, Kansas City and Buffalo (and what a fine group of football teams that is).

Here's another number that should bother the apologists: Fifteen years, 240 regular season games, and the Cowboys have won half of them.

Seven playoff games, they've lost six.

That's 15 years of losing football. Blame all the players and coaches you want; I blame the man at the top, like most good organizations do.

"Right up until about the end of the fourth quarter it really dawned on me that we probably weren't going to be in the playoffs, and that's a shame, because we've got a team in here that I think is good enough to play and play well," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told reporters after Sunday's season-ending loss to the Giants.

I do find it just laugh-out-loud funny when I hear the apologists defending the record of Jerry Jones. Without former coach Jimmy Johnson calling the football shots, he's had a revolving door for coaches and players. They have failed miserably for 15 years now (unless you're happy with being better than six of the 32).

And I'm going to keep saying this until the apologists give me an answer: The general manager of the Dallas Cowboys, one of the most iconic teams in all of sports, and he couldn't get a job at any other team in any other sport.

They don't win, and they go into next year $20 million over the salary cap.

He overpaid for this team. Overpaid for a team that finishes 8-8.

The Cowboys general manager has the safest job in America. The only place in America where a general manager with that record would be safe.

He fires people who fail, except the one man in the one job he should fire.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom